Old Diver new to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gasdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
After a few years of not diving my daughter is now old enough to get certified so I'm planning to dust off my gear and get back into the sport. I got my initial OW cert in 77, Divemaster cert in 78. Spent 4 years working as a commercial diver in the Gulf of Mex between 80-84. I got my full cave cert in 86 (before tech diving had a name) after I returned to college. Spent the next few years diving deep wrecks off NC and the caves of N. FL. After getting married is was just the occasional ow dive with my wife in sunny places...

Some of my gear is ancient compared to today standard, but that 30 yr old ScubaPro stabilizer jacket still works like it was brand new. I hope to get caught up on the latest gear here, so if you feel like pointing me to some good threads on computers, tech diving and the like, please respond.
-Capel English

Back
Top Bottom