"Old" Newbie in NYC needs Dive Shop referral

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KPmel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings to all here and thanks in advance for replies.

Bought full Dive gear outfit back in 1989 at a place called Richards Aqua Lung here in NYC. Still have the gear, but it is in storage. Now semi retired and hoping to get back into diving. Back then my purchase included what I think was a US Divers Conshelf (unsure of model) Reg and Octopus with gauges and a BCD whose make and model evade me right now. I am hoping I can resurrect at least these two items to get back into diving.

Anybody here can recommend a good reputable Dive Shop or Tech anywhere in the NYC Metroplitan area where I can get this gear checked out and serviced? (doesn't have to be in NYC proper).

Much obliged and thanks again.

Greetings to all here and thanks in advance for replies.

Bought full Dive gear outfit back in 1989 at a place called Richards Aqua Lung here in NYC. Still have the gear, but it is in storage. Now semi retired and hoping to get back into diving. Back then my purchase included what I think was a US Divers Conshelf (unsure of model) Reg and Octopus with gauges and a BCD whose make and model evade me right now. I am hoping I can resurrect at least these two items to get back into diving.

Anybody here can recommend a good reputable Dive Shop or Tech anywhere in the NYC Metroplitan area where I can get this gear checked out and serviced? (doesn't have to be in NYC proper).

Much obliged and thanks again.

Welcome back to diving:D There is a great shop that is in Pennsylvania that goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to diving. It is called Indian Valley scuba. Ask for Bev. Being that you have been out of the water so long, they also offer and array of different classes:shocked2:I am from upstate N.Y. and i use them for all of my diving needs. My trip from my Home to there is almost 4 1/2 hrs. Best of luck

The LeisurePro store is located at 42 West 18th Street. We have experienced technicians on-site. Since we're so close might be worth your while to drop in.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom