Old Scubapro R109 Poppet Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacked_72

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've got an old R109 (adjustable, but not balanced) from what has to be the '70s. I've been through the posts about these models and the poppet that I have is not the type that can be flipped. This poppet is maybe 1/4" tall and sits on the end of the white/tan plastic poppet which is maybe 1-1/4" in length. From what I've read this is the old version and I need to replace the poppet assembly.

Can anyone direct me to the correct part that I need? Can I get away with changing just the poppet assembly or do I have to change out the spring (and/or other parts for that matter) too?

Thanks.

You will need the newer Duro Poppet Assy, 11-200-014. Spring is good, but if you have trouble tuning it, you might need a new lever. Occasionally, there can be a compatibility problem there.

The poppet is the plastic part that holds the seat, which is the rubber puck.

You have two choices:
1. Keep the reg unbalanced, just replace the poppet with the G200 "duro" poppet. I don't have the part number for that one, sorry.

2. Convert the reg to balanced/adjustable status. You'll need the G250 poppet 11250015, the spring 01020216, and balance chamber 11150102.

The duro poppet alone (less the seat) is part #11-200-105. It's used in the R109, G200, M5 & M50 (European).

Just curious: is it still available "officially"? I just look through my schematics, and it seems SP has not made any reg with it for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom