Oldest diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dannybot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Mother in law is getting certified, wants to know how old seniors are when they get certified. Any idea? Instructor said prior oldest is 67.

66 here.

I am 77, did PADI OW & AOW last year, 40 warm water dives on holiday so far. My main sport is Mountain Bikeing, as long as you are fit enough why not? P.S. I class myself as a rubbish swimmer.Diving is great fun!

Mother in law is getting certified, wants to know how old seniors are when they get certified. Any idea? Instructor said prior oldest is 67.

There are at least 3 threads that I remember, about this topic during the last few years. A little search with the search engine will show you the results and your answers.
I'm now 49 and it's already 2.5 years that I've been certified.

I dove in Varadero last year with a guy who was almost 70 (short a few months :wink: ) ..

He'd been certified for 2 yrs! (but he has 50 dives !) I'd take him as a buddy over Any of the 20 yr old's I've dove with! Dive experience is good, but Life-experience will teach you more!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom