Olympus 3040Z Accessories Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of bud would charge rent? :wink:

Maybe I can talk you and da' Beast in to comming to visit me up at Toledo Bend for some divin'......Bren says hell, it's just an hour and a half more to Twin Lakes! We got till 2003 to work out the details....hehe

how many days to go now? under 170?

see ya in a bit

Only 164 days!

Thanks Dee, I'll check them out.

Trouble is, aside from our trip to the channel islands in may, i really won't need lots of mem cards or mass storage for quite awhile. After that, one 128 meg card will probably serve me pretty well.

If my daughter was a little older, I'd consider getting her a laptop, but she's got to much being spent on her this year already will class, gear and trips

MikeSK once bubbled...
Thanks Dee, I'll check them out.

Trouble is, aside from our trip to the channel islands in may, i really won't need lots of mem cards or mass storage for quite awhile. After that, one 128 meg card will probably serve me pretty well.

If my daughter was a little older, I'd consider getting her a laptop, but she's got to much being spent on her this year already will class, gear and trips

I know what you mean. On a daily basis, I don't need that many SM cards either. But it was the lesser of several evils. The FotoShow was the cheapest option but I didn't have a zip drive on my PC. The others were just too expensive for such limited use. I figured the extra SM cards wouldn't get obsolete and they would be there if or when I needed them.

Why not buy the laptop for YOU? :)

Dee once bubbled...

I know what you mean. On a daily basis, I don't need that many SM cards either. But it was the lesser of several evils.

I second Dee's notion.......I too have Four 128 mb cards and came home from vacation with 1/2 a card empty ....... I also used the digital for land shots ..not that many ..... and some outrageous panoramas (they tend to use up some memory)....

Yes ultimately its would have been and it is nice to bring along a laptop.....but we were already way...WAY over the baggage limits on the smaller planes in the Islands......cant imagine adding the laptop to the mix....FWIW

Scott

but the host resizes them .....

Oh well its better than nothing!!!!

fd1990fc.jpg

and

fd199100.jpg

This is the first panoramic shots I've seen! Well, other than in the promotions. First by a 'normal' (subjective :wink:) person!

Tell me about shooting them. How many shots are stitched together? What resolution?

The only card I have that will do panoramic shots is a 16mg that came with the camera. How many could I get on it with decent resolution?

I'm excited to try this!

Dee once bubbled...

I know what you mean. On a daily basis, I don't need that many SM cards either. But it was the lesser of several evils. The FotoShow was the cheapest option but I didn't have a zip drive on my PC. The others were just too expensive for such limited use. I figured the extra SM cards wouldn't get obsolete and they would be there if or when I needed them.

Why not buy the laptop for YOU? :)

SM cards are being replaced by SDM cards which are half the size and already available in 256MB and 512MB sizes... AND are used extensively in the new micro-video recorders from sony and Fuji. The advantage to being even smaller is the possibility of keeping several in the camera at the same time.

Also - for those readers who think 128 MB will get them far... I usually take at 512MB of SM storage for a ten day trip. That way I can use them at full resolution and TIFF mode for those shots I think deserve them. Also - the extra storage is helpful when you want to take video with your camera, for MP3 music (which I delete as I use up my cards for photos), and for the time when you WISH you had more storage, which is often with a digital camera. Keep in mind that finding digital media in the islands is far more difficult that film.

Finesse once bubbled...
but the host resizes them .....

Oh well its better than nothing!!!!

fd1990fc.jpg

and

fd199100.jpg

cool picks! DO you use an Oly?

zboss once bubbled...

SM cards are being replaced by SDM cards which are half the size and already available in 256MB and 512MB sizes... AND are used extensively in the new micro-video recorders from sony and Fuji. The advantage to being even smaller is the possibility of keeping several in the camera at the same time.

Also - for those readers who think 128 MB will get them far... I usually take at 512MB of SM storage for a ten day trip. That way I can use them at full resolution and TIFF mode for those shots I think deserve them. Also - the extra storage is helpful when you want to take video with your camera, for MP3 music (which I delete as I use up my cards for photos), and for the time when you WISH you had more storage, which is often with a digital camera. Keep in mind that finding digital media in the islands is far more difficult that film.

I know there is a 512mg Compact Flash card but I wasn't aware of a 512 SmartMedia card. In fact I've been waiting for something larger than 128mg. Can you tell me where you got yours? Maybe a website?

Do you know if the new SDM cards can be used in cameras taking SM now?

Back
Top Bottom