Olympus 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squalo

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post,. First of all I want say sorry for my English! Well, I need Your help on setting my mode for my Olympus 5050. I just bought UK HID light Cannon 100 and I would like use it instead the internal strobo, to take macro pictures. Most of those are taken in the Red Sea, where the water is very clear. With the internal strobo one of my recurrent problem was the background...always to clear. So I hope someone will help me on setting my camera to take acceptable pictures with the external UK light. Thanks and ciao from Italy.
:06: O'Squalo

With the internal strobo one of my recurrent problem was the background...always to clear.
Ciao Squalo, what do you mean by this? The background has too much light or too much in focus. Can you post a sample picture?

If you want to use the HID then P will do. Or if you use M then you will need to adjust the shutterspeed and aperture till the Exposure Value (EV) number on the top right hand corner of your LCD viewfinder is 0.0.

Yes, You right, the background has too much light. Wat I try to do is to have a preset mymode for macro.
Thanks.

Ok, the camera's flash isn't the problem. In the turtle shot it looks like you were too far away for the camera's flash to reach the turtle anyway.

From what I understand what you are trying to achieve is a black background for close-up and macro work. You can do this in M mode with your camera's flash by selecting a very high shutterspeed, like 1/500s. This will reduce the ambient light and darken the background. The subject will be lit by the camera's flash. Use the aperture (F-stop) to control the dept-of-field.

HTH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom