Olympus Evolt e510 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i got everything from bhphotovideo.com , ikelite housing + ds-125 strobe + lenses+ camera.

they have good prices and fast shipping . very happy about them .

can't wait to receive my new 14-54mm lens ...

If you took those shots with 'no' photography background, I'd say you're doing great. Gave ya some comments on flickr...seriously though, very nice shots IMO. The composition etc will come with time (and if you're diving doubles, time's something you got plenty of down there unlike single-80 airhogs like myself <grin>)

I'll let you know if your gallery helps me talk my wife around to a Bonaire trip. We were thinking Belize but the more I read, the more I realize I want more dives / day and more flexibility, and shore-diving sounds like the way to go. We've only done liveaboards for shorter time spans (3 day weekends, Flower Gardens) and I think since she'll be coming off a 4+ month stint as a chef on a cruise ship she'll want a bit more stretching room than a LA for an 8 - 10 day trip....

I've purchased from BH before and like them however they don't carry the athena stuff. That lens ought to work out nice.

Bonaire is the place for flexibility .... its gonna be my 3 times in 9 months and i just love it ... no schedule just driving and diving ... there is no much to do anyway ... everything
is soooooooo easy down there ... I don' t know anyone who been there and didn't like it ....

Where do you stay when you're down there and if you don't mind sharing the cost, I'd like to see that as well. My wife, kids and I are planning a trip "somewhere" in June and Bonaire has always been high on the list.

there are many ways to see it but my way is to rent a condo or a guest house and the prices are good ... i've paid 575$ for 1 week at exclusive bungallows for a 2 bedrooms house ... and its gonna be the second time in january in a condo at carribean court
Bonaire Accommodation - Condominium

a bit more expensive but man its just perfect ...you get everything in that condo
even the cell phone !

and i take my unlimited shore diving at Divi dive for 115$ per person.

restaurants in Bonaire are very good and inexpensive compare to other places and there is a big grocery store in downtown .

and ... weather is just perfect ... in my 2 times there i haven't seen rain ...but its hot !

ce4 you found anyone who does carry athena who has a readable website? I keep finding poor translations, which makes it hard for me to figure out whether I can get a particular lens ported or not (I'd consider the Oly housing for the E330, but only if I can use an 8" dome for the 14-54 and (eventually) 7-14, and the Oly ports seem to be flat for the former at least.

I seem to see a lot of good reviews of Golden Reef Inn in Bonaire...think I'm going to go for the April/May timeframe, getting into low season but before it gets TOO blistering, I hope.

Sorry, thread's getting kinda pulled off topic... my bad!

RTR - Ryan at Reefphoto might be your best option however after talking with him they've had trouble getting in the Athena Stuff. I know Athena makes a dome but I think its for the 14-42. I know oly has a dome port for their WA lenses but not the 14-54 Lens Ports - Olympus Housings : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros If you contact Ryan, he'll at least be able to tell you whether or not you can use a dome port with the 14-54. BTW, Oly just came out with a new 12-60mm lens. I'm kind of waiting to see what happens with that.

Try contacting Yuzo at UWdigitalcamera.com

He has helped me out with Athena stuff in the past.

Andy - thanks for the link, will check them out.

ce4: yeah, I know about the 12-60. Sounds quite nice, but since I've already got the 14-54, and won't get the full speed advantage out of the faster SWD with my E330, I probably won't bother upgrading. I will however keep my eyes open for 14-54's hitting ebay cheaper as others upgrade....it's a great lens and I could see picking up another in the $200-250 range as a backup. Guess I'm putting the cart before the horse though; don't need a backup if I haven't even got a housing yet, do I? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom