Olympus housing for OMD EM-5 PT-EP08 release?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nauticam has just come out with pricing for the zoom gear and port for the 12-50mm. If you buy both the gear and the port it is $800, you can buy them individually but it cost an extra $150.

So makes for an interesting purchasing decision. If you are going to buy just one lens, the 12-50mm then its not a bad way to go. But if you are going to buy other lenses and house them let the number crunching begin. Personally I know I would end up with the 8mm or 7-14mm behind a dome for sure. So how good is the 12-50mm at the macro end vs. the 45mm (or the soon to be released 60mm)?????

At a quick glance do you go the 14-42 kit lens that is $200 less than the 12-50mm + 8mm/Fisheye of choice + 45/60mm and ports

or

The 12-50mm + 8mm/Fisheye of choice and ports?????

When we crunched the numbers Lens + Ports the "three lens" option only came out $50 (about) more than the two lens 12-50mm option.

Thanks Martin,
But I'm sticking with the PEN system and will use the three lenses with a 'new' PEN that will surely get the OM-D sensor, etc., passed down to it. . .
Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom