Olympus Tg-4 Or Olympus E-pl1 For Macro Shooting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bogdan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've heard lots of great things recently about the Olympus TG-4 particularly for macro shooting so I've been thinking of getting one for my wife. Does anyone know how the image quality for macro situations compares to the old Olympus E-PL1 in Olympus housing with the 14-42 lens & wet lens (PMLA-EP01 macro lens adapter)? Would the TG-4 be a step up in image quality vs this older setup? Also, what kind of video light are people using with it? Would a Sola 1200 video light be sufficient? Thanks in advance!

IQ with the E-PL1 will definitely be better, with a lot better control of the camera too.

A strobe would definitely benefit either of them. A light will work, but the shots won't be as crisp and clear with the best color saturation.

IQ with the E-PL1 will definitely be better, with a lot better control of the camera too.

A strobe would definitely benefit either of them. A light will work, but the shots won't be as crisp and clear with the best color saturation.
Thanks for the tip Jack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom