Olympus UW Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sparky30

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anybody know why Olympus USA does not distribute underwater housings? I was just curious.... I know you can get them on the net (that's where I got mine)..
Based on the discussions in this forum (and others) there seems to be a demand for the housings.. Why don't they fill it?
It would be nice to be able to get consumable parts like O-rings and silicone locally... But that would almost be too easy..

sparky30 once bubbled...
Does anybody know why Olympus USA does not distribute underwater housings? I was just curious.... I know you can get them on the net (that's where I got mine)..
Based on the discussions in this forum (and others) there seems to be a demand for the housings.. Why don't they fill it?
It would be nice to be able to get consumable parts like O-rings and silicone locally... But that would almost be too easy..

Olympus distributes their own u/w housings...just not to North America for some reason. All the US businesses that have them for sale have imported them in from Japan.

I think it's the same here in Aus.

Probably got to do with limiting their liability due to accidental flooding..... maybe?

I heard from one of the distributers that the fact that Americans are so sue-crazy, Olympus don't want to deal with the useless law suits that would/could result from flooding.

Make sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom