Omg obama!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Superlyte27

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
As much as I dislike Obama, if he really does push through Oil Drilling in the US, I'm going to do the happy dance. I really need a paycheck!

You can forget the dance.

The "OK" he gave opens up one small area off the Atlantic Seaboard for "Exploration" There will be no new drilling off the California coast (within 50 miles, where 70% of the oil is located). I'm sure California would really like to have that extra income since they are so far in the hole. The Gulf is another area that has been shut down, and none of the leases in the mainland that have been found to have oil are being allowed to be opened.

Even if oil is discovered, you are looking at another 10-15 years before we will see it at the pump.

This is just a shell game to keep people happy, and get his approval rating back up to a decent level. Once you add in the time to possibly find oil, the lawsuits that are sure to follow to prevent drilling, and jumping through all the hoops this administration has put in place, you stand a better chance of winning the Lottery before you will see any of that oil turned into gas.

Last estimate I read, was that we have enough oil in our Country to proved what we need for the next 100 years. Plenty of time to come up with alternative sources for fuel.

Actually, congress did not extend restrictions on drilling, effectively approving them. What Obama did was put restrictions on where the drilling can take place. He made putting limits on where the drilling can take place look like approving it. What a spin master.

And with all of the restrictions and different gov bodies that can object...it will never happen. Why would he not open areas that actually are known to have oil. Not one where there has never been any confirmed strikes.....What a load of crap crappy crap....

He's a chicago hustler through and through. It's just so sad to see that he will suck in a lot of the stupider opponents who have the "Lookee there Bubba! We is gonna get us drillin jobs, now pass me a nother beer. Yeehaw!" Fact is the he is using this as a smokescreen. The devil always masquerades as an angel of light and he will continue to bow down to his muslim buddies that control the oil in the mideast. And be led around by the enviro wackos who drive hybrids, hug trees, and starve themselves by not eating meat. And is it really coincidence that all of these people seem to not have real jobs and rely on handouts, their parents, and air headed hollywood types for income. Seeing as how most of them don't know what a shower, razor, comb, or DEODORANT is! How can anyone take them seriously. Shows the level of intelligence of the politicians they support as well since they do take them seriously.

You can forget the dance.

The "OK" he gave opens up one small area off the Atlantic Seaboard for "Exploration" There will be no new drilling off the California coast (within 50 miles, where 70% of the oil is located). I'm sure California would really like to have that extra income since they are so far in the hole.

Nope, California is the bastion of the Liberal left. Money will have nothing to do with the restriction of oil exploration around here. The state is doomed to a socilist demise, regardless of the state's un-tapped resources.

quote --We is gonna get us drillin jobs, now pass me a nother beer. Yeehaw!"

Sure hope you're not referring to me in that post Jim.

Purely a political move to hood wink independents and the apolitical that he is anything but a hard-left liberal. He was sucessfull in 2008 so who can blame him for the continued effort...

Last edited:
Seems like the assumption that any oil found will end up in the USA.....probably not. More profit elsewhere. We get the mess.....oil companies get the profits....and other countries get the gas.

Seems like the assumption that any oil found will end up in the USA.....probably not. More profit elsewhere. We get the mess.....oil companies get the profits....and other countries get the gas.

I am not an expert on the subject but I dispute these claims as evidenced by the Department of Energy's link below. We export apparently a negliable amount of high grade oil to countires in close proximity to the USA. Other than that, we are a major net impoter of oil...

Energy Information Administration (EIA) - International World Energy Data and Analysis Current and Historical Data Maps Oil Production Consumption and Reserves World Regions and Country level information

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom