OMS bungied wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DR Classics are fine. I have a pair and love them. Also, the OMS non-bungie wings look well made. I know John Allen at Northeast Scuba Supply in PA was blowing these out - he may still be doing that.

Eric

OK, thanks...

Does Irvine have everyone brainwashed about bungeed wings? Honestly, I won Halycon wings, but I'm beginning to wonder if GUE's dislike on bungeed wings is more opionated or perhaps Irvine is getting a kickback from Halycon?

If I'm correct, isn't Halycon products made at GUE, actually?

Originally posted by Scuba446
Honestly, I won Halycon wings, but I'm beginning to wonder if GUE's dislike on bungeed wings is more opionated or perhaps Irvine is getting a kickback from Halycon?
Honestly I'm beginning to wonder what your beef is....
You won Halcyon wings??
Good for you... sell 'em on ebay... (they go like hot cakes)...
Buy yourself a bungee wing and quit griping about Irving...
Shoot... get over it already... who cares?
Get red wings while your at it so you can be seen...
Canister HID lights are just more brainwashing...
Who needs communication tools when you can flash a red wing at your buddies rapidly disappearing pink fins?

I see a new company out, DEEP OUTDOORS is gonna offer wings in colors...
The LDS that I'm doing my DM learning with is one of the first in the area to receive the Deep Outdoors line of gear.

The colors of the wings are very bright. He got the black, blue, and orange. The orange is close to what we know as "safety orange" like on traffic cones, and the blue is almost a powder blue. If you have one of these, you definitely will stand out on the dive deck.

The harness system is similar to the OMS IQ harness, but with several interesting and well thought out improvements. Once you get a look at it, you'll appreciate the ideas and though processes that went into their designs.

I didn't win them, I bought them!

An its this type of opinioned, rude behaviior that seems to follow the militant GUE / DIR divers.....

Its the 'ole my way or its the wrong way syndrome...

Honestly, its getting old...

I didn't win them, I bought them!

An its this type of opinioned, rude behaviior that seems to follow the militant GUE / DIR divers.....

Its the 'ole my way or its the wrong way syndrome...

Honestly, its getting old...
Hmmm... musta been a typo in your post where you said that you *won Halcyon wings*....

Honestly... no need to be so rude...

Hahahaha,
I agree.....just like to get everyone's 'goat'!

Is this bungee thing REALLY that true?

Wish Halycon would make some pretty red wings already...hate this black stuff....

I don't know too much about bladder construction....is Halycon really that good? The elite?

???

I am gonna dive my rig for the first time this week, so we'll see. I'm told by the DIR boys that I am gonna like it more than my old Mares BC..

You deep/wreck/cave/technical divers must know SOMETHING!

I don't know too much about bladder construction....is Halycon really that good? The elite?

???

I am gonna dive my rig for the first time this week, so we'll see. I'm told by the DIR boys that I am gonna like it more than my old Mares BC..
I really don't know first hand the difference between bladder construction as I have never looked closely at OMS or Diverite wings... the Halcyon wings that I have had (four) all seem to perform flawlessly as well as my buddies' Halcyon wings.

I have a buddy who switched from OMS bungees after one dive with us... we never said a thing about his bungees or the harness thing he was wearing... but he was so impressed with the streamlining we had UW and the ease with which we could control trim and buoyancy, plus the way we could get out of our rigs so easily before boarding the boat that he went out the next day and bought a Halcyon rig!

If you have ever seen a Halcyon wing UW on someone else you would understand why it doesn't create much drag... it folds up around the tank and since it is long and narrow it doesn't stick up above the tank creating extra drag like broad wings do. The bungees that I have seen bunch the wing up alongside the tank and look like they would cause more drag plus trap some air in each *hump* between the bungees.

I have never tried one myself but like I said, one of my buddies had one and was glad he made the switch to non-bungee. I saw on another thread that you have the 45# Pioneer... I just sold mine to Large_Diver and he should get it before the weekend... the you guys can get on here and compare notes... my bet is that you will really like it!

Hmm, thanks,
Wow, thats pretty impressive, the next day, huh? Wow...

Well, you guys must know soemthing...

Where IS halycon's factory? Fla?

Thanks for the tips, think I'll stick with my expensive Halycon's..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom