OMS power inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BCD Parts and Components - Dive Gear Express

The DSS tool is nice but you can use a thin pair of needle nose pliers to open the inlet valve

1-DSC_0002.jpg1-DSC_0003.jpg1-DSC_0006.jpg1-DSC_0007.jpg1-DSC_0008.jpg

Last edited:
Okay. I'll try that, with the pliers, since I don't have the DSS tool. Thanks! (I may be back with more questions about this unit.)

You can get the tool, O-ring kits, replacement supply-side valve cartridge, and/or Schrader Valve from Northeast Scuba if you need parts. You can also get whole valve assemblies in the new or old style and the HOG.

Backplate and Wings - Wings/BC Parts - Power Inflators - Parts - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

They also have longer corrugated hoses, and elbows:

Backplate and Wings - Wings/BC Parts - Corrugated Hoses - Elbows - Quick Dumps - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

Here is a link to exhaust-side tools, gaskets, and OVP valve parts.

http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/oh-****-bc-parts/

I can't easily get parts from NE Scuba Supply since I am in Asia and shipping is prohibitive. However, there's a distributor here, and I should be able to get the part there. I can't get the thing open with the pliers, so I'll go see if they've got the tool before I decide what parts I'm going to need. Thanks again.

Given you another alternative to get the thing open. You'll just need 5 o rings unless the spring has gone.

112, 012, 011, and two 006.

I made my own tool from a 17mm 3/8ths socket using a Dremel tool to cut away the end leaving the two "pins" to engage the button retainer. Also had to thin the socket a bit on the outside to make it fit. Works well.

I can't get the thing open with the pliers.....

Try some soaks and manipulation. If it needs service, there is likely crud in more places than the valve.....

I did some soaks, and I can inflate/deflate with them, but looking inside, I can see crud, so I want to get them apart and clean them up once they're disassembled. Tomorrow (it's midnight here right now) I'll go look for the tool, or maybe just take them to somebody who's got the tool and can open them up for me. At least now I know what it looks like inside so I can see how it comes apart, even if I can't get it open just yet.

Well, I tried opening the other four, and I was able to get them open. I still can't open that first one, so back into the bath it goes for another soaking (fingers crossed). Here's why they were all so hard to get apart (don't yell at me for gear abuse... I "inherited" this equipment and am just trying to service it)
photo(9).jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom