OMS Slipstream Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rigdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Trying to get a good idea of fit before buying. For those that have and use the Slipstream fins by OMS: What size foot do you have? What kind of boot and in what thickness? Which size Slipstream works best for your set up? Trying to save on flying weight. Thanks in advance.
Bill

Hey Rigdiver. I use a fusion drysuit, with the White's Evo3 boots in size 12, and the XXL Slips are a perfect fit on those boots.

I have Tusa 5mm and Henderson 3mm, both hard soled, size 10 feet and XL fit well with either.

Trying to get a good idea of fit before buying. For those that have and use the Slipstream fins by OMS: What size foot do you have? What kind of boot and in what thickness? Which size Slipstream works best for your set up? Trying to save on flying weight. Thanks in advance.
Bill

10.5-11 shoe
5mm wetsuit boots
XL fin with LG spring straps

Talked to Larry at ST- gave him my shoesize and boot thickness- he told me the sizes to get and he got it perfect.

Thanks folks. Spoke with OMS this morning and there will be no Med. or Lg "till March." Guess OMS does not want biz from less than XL or XXL size divers.
Bill

Thanks folks. Spoke with OMS this morning and there will be no Med. or Lg "till March." Guess OMS does not want biz from less than XL or XXL size divers.
I'm sure they want your money. (Although I'm told there is no truth to the rumor that OMS stands for one more sucker...)

Its probably that they need sufficient cash to invest in a new mold and then to start up production of a sufficient number to make the selling price palatable. The fact that they are probably made in Asia (or Europe, thanks rigdiver) only makes the logistics tougher.

Nick Hollis seems to be having the same problem getting additional sizes of his F1 fins in production. A lot of cash up front and a trickle of a revenue stream to make up for it...

Did you consider ScubaPro JetFins? LP has plenty of stock in M and L.

Have a pr of XXL in my hands now. Clearly "made in Italy." We can make the quantum leap on this. Exactly same size as SP Jets. Will PM with a little more tidbits of info.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom