OMS Wing Price at LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sndt1319

Registered
Reaction score
I decided to go with a BP/W setup from either OMS or DiveRite. I called my LDS and they quoted me $618 for a 35lb wing and harness from OMS. Plus $158 for a SS backplate. Does this seem a little high to anyone? I know I can get a similar setup online for $480 for a DiveRite. I want a bright wing so my DB can see me easier, but I don't want to pay $300 for it.

You better pay it or otherwise you'll be single handly destroying the american economy!

(kidding)

I see you are from Corvallis, it may be worth you time and $$$ to contact Ernie at Diving Adventures and More in Washougal, WA. 360 835-9463. He carries both OMS and Dive Rite gear. His pricing is very competative, and usually comes close to on line pricing.

I paid $430 including shipping for an OMS Comfort Harness, SS bp, and 32# single wing from www.escubashop.com in NY about 2 months ago. Adirondack is the name of the company. My LDS wanted a couple of hundred more.

Its always good to shop around. If you are willing to look at other options, you might find some cheaper prices, and better gear for your money...
Good Luck.

sndt1319:
I decided to go with a BP/W setup from either OMS or DiveRite. I called my LDS and they quoted me $618 for a 35lb wing and harness from OMS. Plus $158 for a SS backplate. Does this seem a little high to anyone? I know I can get a similar setup online for $480 for a DiveRite. I want a bright wing so my DB can see me easier, but I don't want to pay $300 for it.

That wasn't my Shop, HydroSports was it???? IF so, I'll have to smack Mark the owner upside the head. I did talk to Mark today on a different subject, and told him a guy may come in and want an OMS rig.

$618 is deffinately high, you can buy a Halcyon with harness, wing, and plate, last I looked for about $550, and Halcyon is typically the cadilac priced brand (high price)

There is also Sunset Sports in Eugene (which I heard maybe closing the Eugen location soon, they have another shop in North Bend) who sells OMS.

That sounds like a lot...especially for an OMS product. I would never pay that much when I could get a Halcyon setup for less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom