oms wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a New York club that has a forum right here on SB. They travel a lot.

I had an OMS single bladder wing. Excellent quality. Dump valves, inflator hose, inflator assembly were all standard parts, DGX carried everything.

Bladder Flange Tool | Dive Gear Express®

With a bladder flange tool you could completely remove the bladder and replace / patch it yourself. OMS had PDF files showing you how to take everything completely apart and put it back together.

You can use the bungees or not, your choice. The cover was very heavy Codura nylon with a full zipper.

I thought was an A+ bit of gear. Learn to service your gear yourself and you're not at the mercy of anyone else.

I had an OMS single bladder wing. Excellent quality. Dump valves, inflator hose, inflator assembly were all standard parts, DGX carried everything.

Bladder Flange Tool | Dive Gear Express®

With a bladder flange tool you could completely remove the bladder and replace / patch it yourself. OMS had PDF files showing you how to take everything completely apart and put it back together.

You can use the bungees or not, your choice. The cover was very heavy Codura nylon with a full zipper.

I thought was an A+ bit of gear. Learn to service your gear yourself and you're not at the mercy of anyone else.

I like the way the oms wing looks I think im gonna go with it. I also like the idea of being able to fix or repair it myself. thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Since DUI took over OMS and put Pete Nawrocky in charge of it I've heard nothing but good things. I have contacted him a couple times on behalf of OMS owners looking for service and parts. He's a friend and every time there has been a quick and successful resolution.
In the old days, due to their service (or absolute lack of it) the only people I'd recommend buy OMS products were people like Al Quaeda terrorists and US Congress Critters.

Thanks Jim, that means a lot coming from you. You could of told me they suck, and tried to get me to buy one of your wings. You are a stand up guy. (Not for nothing, but i already bought a wing from you. Thanks i love it.)

I have been diving my OMS BCDs since 1999 and have never had one single problem! As for the models I have owned I love the Tesseract 60 lb/ dual wing the best. If someone wants to sale theirs then please contact me.

Back
Top Bottom