One day port call in Roatan, want to go diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This will be the last post I will make on this subject. First of, Habitforming, my last post was not intended in any way to be a reply to yours, it was a reply to roatanman, and I do not want you to have a wrong impression that I was reading anything into your post. That said, I will answer Roatanman's questions so his curiosity will be put to rest. (maybe I am getting a little thin skinned and grouchy in my old age)!

1) Our "occasional" cruise ship customers are actually between 20 to 30 divers per month, so we are visited by more than an "occasional" diver traveling by cruise ship.

2) We charge $35.00 for 1 to 9 dives, $300 for a 10 tank package.

3) If Roatanman thinks Margarita Island is for drinking only, then he must be a drinker. Our divers who dive with us on Margarita island, most of whom are European and South American, do not drink before or during the dive day when they dive with us. I do not care what they do when they are not diving. I have seen more divers, including so called "professionals" drinking, drunk and wasted on other things here on roatan then I have seen on Margarita Island.

4) Los Roques is not next door or even close to Margarita Island. As a matter of fact you could not go there on a dive boat from Margarita Island. We have a charter plane that we use to transport our divers and our staff, who want to go to Los Roques to dive from Margarita Island to Los Roques. From Margarita Island, we dive the dive sites located at Los Frailes and Farallon.

5) Our boat schedule has a 9 am, 11 am, and 2 pm dive listed, although we are flexible in our dive times. We do not travel 1/2 hour by boat to get to our dive site. Most of the dive sites we go to, from Pablo's to Spooky Channel are between 5 to 10 minutes by boat. So that means that if we depart at 9 am, we will arrive at our dive site at 9:10 or so, be in the water at 9:15, be back to the boat and out of the water around 10:15, be back to the dive shop at 10:25, have a surface interval of 45 minutes and go out for our 11 am dive. We offer "Valet" type diving so our staff will change out the tanks and put the gear back together for our customers so they can relax, and eat or drink water or soft drinks on our Palapa deck before going out on the 11 am dive. For times when we know that we have divers with great air consumption that want to and are capable of diving longer, we do longer than 60 minute dives, usually at the 2 pm dive. We never, ever do 20 minutes out, 20 minutes back type dives.

6) When we go to places such as the Odyssey Wreck, we do a two tank dive trip with lunch between the first and second dive at the Blue Bahia restaurant. Same cost per dive, but the customer picks up the tab for his own lunch.

I think that that covers all of roatanman's questions. I am a little curious however, and would really like to know if Roatanman is associated with a dive operation on Roatan in any way. Anway, this discussion about Enomis Divers has now been put to rest as far as I am concerned. If there are any divers out there that would like to know more information about us they can go to the following websites:

ENOMIS DIVERS | Isla Margarita's Premier Scuba Diving Resort, "Dive With The Best"
Home - ENOMIS DIVERS

Or they can contact us by email at roatanseaventures@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom