Online dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Subsurface as well.

It can be a bit buggy especially the mobile app which I find impossible to use to enter data but it's convenient to have it available on your phone in case you need to show it to an Op.

Good to hear. Congrats.

Did you know that the mobile app now allows direct download from your dive computer? All you need is an adapter to connect the download cable to whichever type plug your phone has.

Ha! Because I want to give Oceanic another $90 for a $10 cable??? To be clear, that is a dig on Oceanic and pretty much all of the DC makers, not Subsurface.

BUT! I did find an adapter with one of the online retailers. Nice! Thank you for the heads up! I will be dry for another three weeks or so. Time to order the adapter.

Using dive log 6, not bunches of experience with it but it seems really friendly and lots of info.... That logtrac with the G2 sucks...

I have GNU/Linux as my main desktop, so when it came time to find a digital dive log, Subsurface was the natural choice. The bonus for me is the Android version, which I hope to use to download my dive computer logs into Subsurface while traveling. No need to bring a laptop!

I have GNU/Linux as my main desktop, so when it came time to find a digital dive log, Subsurface was the natural choice. The bonus for me is the Android version, which I hope to use to download my dive computer logs into Subsurface while traveling. No need to bring a laptop!

A new Subsurface user here. I just bought an Aladin Sport Matrix, which only download's via Bluetooth Low Energy. The Scubapro LogTrak seems really limited, and unfortunately the BLE library for Subsurface doesn't currently work on Windows. But, I've setup Subsurface to save to their cloud, and can D/L my dives on my phone, then use the Windows version to edit the dives to add details.

A new Subsurface user here. I just bought an Aladin Sport Matrix, which only download's via Bluetooth Low Energy. The Scubapro LogTrak seems really limited, and unfortunately the BLE library for Subsurface doesn't currently work on Windows. But, I've setup Subsurface to save to their cloud, and can D/L my dives on my phone, then use the Windows version to edit the dives to add details.

Nice. I have a Cressi Giotto, which requires a USB PC-link interface; no Bluetooth LE. Both my phone and tablet have USB-OTG support, so I just need a USB-OTG cable. The current Subsurface Android version doesn't have the correct device ID for the Giotto, so I can't download to the phone or tablet yet, however, a fix should be in the next release, so I've been told.

I use Subsurface with a Suunto Novo Vyper and Zoop with problems. I like to program and the cloud storage.

I have some demands other than the pure divelogging functionality.

The most important when i select softwere for this kind of use is that i have the possibility to migrate to another system without losing all of my data. It must be a possibility to export all data in a format that can be used in other software.

Now i use Subsurface, it is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux for the desktop/laptop and iOS and Android for mobile devices.

*Subsurface mobile app has been updated in 12/2017 and I just tried it out and it now works fine to log and update the file stored on the cloud server.

Too bad I can't edit my post above where I complained about the lack of functionality of the mobile app.

Good job fixing the mobile app Subsurface guys!

I use Subsurface with a Suunto Novo Vyper and Zoop without any problems. I like the program and the cloud storage capability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom