Online Scuba Logbook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was looking for somewhere I could upload dives from in some sort of format either directly out of macdive or I could write a script to convert it. Interesting to note that the site that the OP said he was
dedicated to keeping this online forever.
It's not been three years since that was posted, seems it went the same way as so many others!

And those parameters are?

I'll give you one. I really like the way Smartrak ties the gear you used for each dive, for me all the way down to the shears I carry :). Divinglog (which I purchased) has a unintuitive way of doing it. I recently purchased a Shearwater petrel. Awesome computer, so-so dive log. Since I run Linux the majority of the time (Other then to DL my logs and play Civilization5 :) I am trying to get Subsurface to work.

I'll give you one. I really like the way Smartrak ties the gear you used for each dive, for me all the way down to the shears I carry :). Divinglog (which I purchased) has a unintuitive way of doing it. I recently purchased a Shearwater petrel. Awesome computer, so-so dive log. Since I run Linux the majority of the time (Other then to DL my logs and play Civilization5 :) I am trying to get Subsurface to work.

Hi

Thank you for the feedback. Can you detail a little bit why you find the equipment management in Diving Log unintuitive and what you like better in SmartTrak? I can certainly look into improving this feature.

Thank you,
Sven

I noticed Divinglog is .net, have you tried using it natively in Linux using mono?
What distro are you using?

Subsurface has been working great for me on Ubuntu (up to 13.10) but recently moved over to the Mac, also using subsurface.

What do you all think of the SB Logbook? It has been my online copy of my logbook and I wasn't aware that there were quite so many different options out there haha. I'm always open to adding another online logbook if it has some nice features :D

I noticed Divinglog is .net, have you tried using it natively in Linux using mono?
What distro are you using?

Subsurface has been working great for me on Ubuntu (up to 13.10) but recently moved over to the Mac, also using subsurface.

I don't think I've ever used mono. I have used wine, but not with divinglog. I am using OpenSuse 13.1. For whatever reason I can't seem to get the bluetooth to work, it will probably be winter before I have time to figure out. Something wrong with the way I am using rfcomm.

---------- Post added August 7th, 2014 at 05:53 PM ----------

Hi

Thank you for the feedback. Can you detail a little bit why you find the equipment management in Diving Log unintuitive and what you like better in SmartTrak? I can certainly look into improving this feature.

Thank you,
Sven

Thanks for asking and I must apologize, I went back and was playing with divinglog again tonight and found that entering equipment wasn't as hard as I first thought. One nit though is I have 3 wet suits entered in my equipment section, even though I have saw the 7mm selected in equipment it didn't show up in the logbook pull down until I entered it manual (actually cut & paste). Also I haven't figured out how to delete a couple of suits that are showing up, like 2-peice wetsuit, which I've never selected. I have a couple of other small ones I'll send in a PM if you don't mind. I will say it is the most powerful and comprehensive dive log program I've used and I'm glad I purchased a key.

I have a couple of other small ones I'll send in a PM if you don't mind. I will say it is the most powerful and comprehensive dive log program I've used and I'm glad I purchased a key.

No problem, feel free to write me via PM or email (info (at) divinglog.de). Thanks, glad to hear you still like the program!

Back
Top Bottom