online shopping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Les,

Well they're lots of good sites relating to underwater photography.
They're several photo specific sites and general ones depending perhaps on the type of camera & housing you're purchasing? Point & shoot or DSLR?

Anyway for me personally I use a wide variety I don't have a particular allegiance to one website.

www.adorama.com you can find most point & shoot and some ikelite housings on this site.
www.bhphotovideo.com See above
www.amazon.com Free shipping and no sales tax on most orders, I found my housing on that site.

They're a ton of other websites that are more specific to uw photography such as
Ryan's Reef photo and video http://www.reefphotovideo.com/index.php

Check out the sponsor's page on ddnet.com
http://www.digitaldiver.net/sponsors.php

Anyway take my advice with a grain of salt, I am but a mere newbie in these matters.

Good list, Jam. Be careful on Amazon.com. Or I should say pay close attention to where the item is being bought and shipped from.

The sponsors on Digital Diver are a good place to start. Also check out Wetpixel and the sponsors there.

[url:
www.adorama.com[/url] you can find most point & shoot and some ikelite housings on this site.
[B]www.bhphotovideo.com[/B] See above
www.amazon.com Free shipping and no sales tax on most orders, I found my QUOTE]

I live in NYC and have been to the adorama and B&H and they both have excellent products and service which I am sure translates well to the online shopping experience.

www.buydig.com for general stuff

www.reefphoto.com for all things underwater - not only is stuff listed on line but if you contact Ryan he'll actually help you with what you need and has good follow up service, too.

I agree w/ Alcina. Ryan at reefphoto knows his products. He will tell you the pros and cons of say each strobe, housing (etc.) that he sells and lets you decide which is right for you.

Buy u/w gear from B&H or Adorama and try to get someone there to troubleshoot why your strobe won't fire. It's not going to happen!

HTH,
Dave

I should add Allen to this list. I don't think he does uw stuff, I leave that for Ryan, but he is excellent to work with for the camera bodies and lenses etc. I bought a bunch of lenses (more than I intended because he was so pleasant to work with and his prices were very competitive!) and a camera body from him in October and his customer service and prices were top notch. I'd use him again in a heartbeat.

allenscamera@comcast.net

There are some good sites dedicated to underwater photo & Video.

Here is a list:

www.h2ophotopros.com (my site)
www.reefphoto.com (Ryan Cannon)
www.backscatter.com (Berkely White)

All 3 are great, competitive pricing and all know the products and can help you determine what best fits you.

Good luck.

Well... I will throw another suggestion towards adorama.

Also, let me say that there is a Photo Shop in the same building as my Breckenridge Store. So we've been neighbors with this photo shop for about 7 years. He is an authorized Ikelite Dealer, as well as Canon, Olympus, Nikon (you get the idea)

Anyway... I told him the price from adorama, before I bought it, to see if he could get it for me cheaper. My wife's Ikelite strobe setup was cheaper at retail from adorama, than his COST!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom