Online Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Online...your Instructor may not know what you need to know. Good luck as your town is well known for online classes and then no certifications. Look up here on scubaboard online scuba...lake havasu...bwana...and a few others. Also, check all the agencies and see if any Instructors in your area have ever been sanctioned, suspended or permanently revoked from teaching. A 91% on a test without Instructor input is pretty good. Your practical application and experience diving with others will help.

Yea I know about the agency that gives online test here in Havasu. I tried calling and it took them 2 weeks to get back :shocked2: to me. Then they wouldn't let me come in and see them :no:. I choice not too use them.

We have another agency that gives everything in there lessons (online, pool, and OW). They are nice and I have purchased my booties through them. I also am in a Scuba Club with this group and will do business with again. The only problem is I didn't feel they had excitement about teaching OW and was more of a technical type of shop. This is OK and will benefit later on in my needs.

I am taking everything through a place in Bullhead City, AZ. They are around an hour drive but had the excitement for teaching that I felt I wonted in a teacher. They also gave a free "Try Scuba". I am very very happy with my choice. They treat you like a person and understand that I don't have the money for the best of the best. They answer any questions I ask and still keep the excitement.

I hope this is OK (if not please delete it mods). There name is Lake Mohave Scuba and are a new shop. A+ in attitude and really make me feel welcome.

I have already got my pool scheduled for the end of the month. Not as soon as I would have wonted but they are full and taken a vacation and I certainly understand this.

Did you shop around all the dive facilities? There is the oldest dive facility along the Colorado River that offers classes right in Lake Havasu. They have on site facilities as well as travel to the future diver for classes. Their prices are fantastic. In fact they are better than $100 less for OWD and price match and most usually beat ANY other prices including most online prices. They have Instructors that teach the following: SSI...NAUI...PADI...SDI/TDI/ERDI...IANTD...TECH classes...Public safety classes...PSI...& others. Their Instructors have commercial. military, law enforcement, government, fire service, medical service and other experience. They offer classes at the students pace yet, specifically with personal one on one attention. They will be opening a dive store in LHC soon. Check-out Dive Shack USA (formerly Water World Scuba & Travel) almost 24 years in business locally. 1086 Hwy 95 Bullhead City, AZ 86429 1 928 404 1527. They do not compete with cheap...they make quality affordable.

Did you shop around all the dive facilities?

Check-out Dive Shack USA (formerly Water World Scuba & Travel) almost 24 years in business locally. 1086 Hwy 95 Bullhead City, AZ 86429 1 928 404 1527. They do not compete with cheap...they make quality affordable.

Yes I did and I choice the one I did for a reason. The local shop is good and cant complain. I did not wont to go with a shop without a dive shop attached because I always worry about in today and out tomorrow of these types (something I learned getting my business degree. If they get a shop I would consider them.

About the bull head one. The one I am going to is in Bullhead but a new one. I checked with the one you mention and all I can say is this. :no: If you cant say anything nice then I wont say anything at all! :no:

I am happy with my choice for now.

Thank you for the advice.

I sure hope you are not associated with the bullhead one and if you are I would be willing to tell you (in IM) why I feel this way. If you are associated in Havasu or get to Havasu then lets do tea sometime.

desert gold hound, THANK YOU for your input and responses. Without comments and feed back from those such as yourself, we would not be the oldest (24 years), largest and best stocked dive facility in Mohave County Arizona offering solid customer service & our price match or beat policy. We look forward to you joining the diving community and family. Good luck with your upcoming class. Feel free to contact us at anytime with your needs and questions. Looking forward to earning your business.

Jerry
Owner
DIVE SHACK USA
"we do not compete with cheap" "we make quality affordable"
A few of our product lines:
Sherwood...Aeris...Zeagle...Henderson...Pinnacle...TUSA...XS Scuba...JBL...A.B. Biller...SEA LIFE cameras...Go-Pro HD cameras...many accessory lines as well as offering:
USD/AquaLung/ScubaPro/SeaQuestDeep See
Get your best quote...then dare to compare ours.
Become an Open Water Certified diver. Come to our shop and go SCUBA diving.

Harley sorry I did not call you I ended up having some problems come up that was of importance. I do feel better about your shop since our IM's and am glad I didn't say anything more on the forums.

I will be taking everything this weekend so that I may get my C'Card. Luckily a check I was expecting came in a month early so I can get most of my gear also YIPPY. I will buy my fitables (is this even a word LOL) at the LDS and get the rest from an online source.

I am also excited about a camp and dive trip I will be taking on the 15th. This should be a fun trip and put a few dives in the book. I plan on doing at least 1 or 2 dives a week with the club. This should feel my book up quickly, however; they will all be the same basic types of dives so I will have to get some ocean, river, and other types of dives logged somehow.

Things come up and you did tell me that you had a lot going on.

Good luck on your certification. Which Instructor will you be getting?

Allow us to bid your equipment. Very seldeom can a diver store or internet beat our prices.
"we do not compete with cheap" "we make quality affordable.

Which dive club are you affiliated with?

Best of luck to you.

Jerry
Dive Shack USA
Become an Open Water Certified diver. Come to our shop and go SCUBA diving.

Well I will tell you I only got $450 to get as much as I can. You figure out what you can help me with and I will go from there. I know its not much but its my start. I will be taking my Pool Saturday (they canceled on the OW but gave me a couple day notice today so that's OK). I will stop buy your shop if I have time. It all depends on when I can leave town. I have my classes up there at 4:00 on Saturday. I am taking my classes with the owner of Lake Mohave Scuba (I believe he used to be your partner). I am kinda partial to Lake Mohave, however (they gave 9 of us free intro to scuba); will give you an opportunity to bid though. I need BCD, Regulator (complete), and gauge (can live without computer for now). If you cant get it all for that amount then just give a quote for what you can. I know i can get it all online but I refuse to buy my BCD online so that is the most important thing to get at a dive center.

Got them pool section's done. I was almost late 2 min to spear showing up. The guys at Lake Mohave Scuba had a surprise for me. They had some wonderful gear ready for me for the amount that I had available. It was the owners old gear he was getting rid of it because he is selling a different brand at his LDS and thought it better to wear the gear he supports (makes a lot of sense).

I have everything except a computer (going to get a cheap wrist mount for now as a local has one for sale). I got my pool sections complete YIPPY and I did wonderful I surprised my self with buoyancy. Bullhead had had a wind storm the night before so the pool wasn't the cleanest I have seen it but that's not their fault.

I don't know what all the equipment is (not in front of me) but the BCD is a Sherwood Avid (looks brand new), I don't know how I don't remember the brand of the regulators but the main looks brand new and the octo looks very used but works. Unknown brand of gauges (pressure, depth, compass). A 2 peace 7mm wet suit . I am very happy with everything.

One neat thing that happened in the pool was my instructors computer started beeping. When we got out he explained that it was telling him that he was low on air. He had been diving on same tank and he knew there was enough air for my training. I thought that was an awesome feature and am going to save up for an integrated computer like this. He was under water with me for at least a half hour after the alarm. This is an awesome feature that would make it hard to run out of air (because of stupidity).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom