Onsite Dive Shop at Park Royal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. We pushed the trip out to September. Since the dock fee is only $8/week I will book with BlueXT as i have had great experiences with them in the past. Does anyone know if Scuba Shack will rent tanks for a shore dive even if your not diving with them? I wouldn't mind a quick afternoon shore dive to get weight dialed in once we get there.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. We pushed the trip out to September. Since the dock fee is only $8/week I will book with BlueXT as i have had great experiences with them in the past. Does anyone know if Scuba Shack will rent tanks for a shore dive even if your not diving with them? I wouldn't mind a quick afternoon shore dive to get weight dialed in once we get there.
Yeah they will, If you head south on your shore dive there is the remains of an airplane out front of El Cid..I think you can find a few videos on you tube, I can't remember the story on it I am sure someone can enlighten us.

Yeah they will, If you head south on your shore dive there is the remains of an airplane out front of El Cid..I think you can find a few videos on you tube, I can't remember the story on it I am sure someone can enlighten us.
I don't think the airplane or what's left of it is there anymore. Gilbert did a number on it and I'm pretty sure Wilma washed the rest of it away.

I don't think the airplane or what's left of it is there anymore. Gilbert did a number on it and I'm pretty sure Wilma washed the rest of it away.

Yeah, the first time I did that shore dive was 1990, and there was a complete airplane fuselage, cockpit, two wings (detached, lying next to the fuselage, IIRC); last time I did that shore dive was 2 years ago last December, and nothing remotely resembling an airplane remained.

Yeah, the first time I did that shore dive was 1990, and there was a complete airplane fuselage, cockpit, two wings (detached, lying next to the fuselage, IIRC); last time I did that shore dive was 2 years ago last December, and nothing remotely resembling an airplane remained.
I guess should have said a pile of stuff, it doesn't look like much.

There's a nice shore dive from Roberta's heading straight west from what used to be her dock. I think it's the little tip of paradise reef that still exists north of the cruise ship piers. It's a fairly long swim but worth it. The only thing is you don't want to be there when the cruise ships depart in the early evening; it turns into a noisy sandstorm. It can be pretty spooky.

You can rent tanks for Aquaworld, enter and exit via their large steps entry or the Park Royal beach. Be sure to have a float flag with you as that area has traffic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom