Open Water Cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under Water Works in Tigard, Oregon.

And actually it was Hood Canal, which is probably not technically Puget Sound but close enough when you're coming from Portland. Nothing to do between dives except sit in the car or stand in the freezing rain. And getting down and up that muddy, slippery bank was a bear.

To be fair, it was early November, lol, and the last class of the year.

And UUW did a great job. We had a brand new instructor leading the class with an experienced instructor, his wife, assisting, and a ratio of a Dive Master per two students. I remember at the time first thinking the Dive Masters were the real experts because it sounds so much more important than a mere Instructor. I found out somewhere during the course of the class that it was the other way around.

It was a truly miserable weekend, but I was bound and determined to see it through and at the end I was really glad I had done it. Since my wife had finished the first two dives, she got a "Scuba Diver Open Water Card" or something like that, which would allow her to dive but only under the supervision of an Instructor. It was at the party afterwards that we learned about the referral system. I would have done my dives anyway, but my wife would have waited until we got to Mexico.

Nice to hear that you speak so highly of UWW. Same shop that my wife was certified through, where I became a Divemaster and where I worked as a Divemaster for a few years prior to moving down to So Cal. Very safety conscious dive shop. Cheers to you!

Looking for a good deal on a PADI open water cert. Also want small boat - maybe 6 pack and no crowds. Is that too much to ask? LOL Thanks!
B&D Belize Magical Adventures! It is smaller than the big diving operations there. David Thomas Cal operates this. He is a master diver and his team gives fabulous personal service. His rates are great also!

Back
Top Bottom