Open Water dive suggestions - Southern Brazil (Litoral Paulista/Carioca)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VoloGogo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I recently completed the in-class and pool portions of my Open Water Diving certification in Canada. I chose to do my open water dives in July since I would be in Brazil. I'll be driving from Sao Paulo to Rio to Buzios then down the coast past Ilha Grande, Angra, Paraty, Ubatuba, Ilha Bela. I know this is an awesome opportunity, but now I'm overwhelmed with choices!
wierdo.gif

icosm02.gif
Any suggestions for safe, reputable and vibrant dive spots/outfits in the south coast of Brazil?
icosm02.gif

I'm limited to 18m depth, and would like to see as much nature as possible.

Thanks!

P.S. Falo portugues tambem!

I was in Angra dos Reis once and my experience was with Frade Diver Resort. Their shop and dock is in the resort area. We went in July (winter) and water temps were around 18/19°C, so we took our 7mm suits. Vis: 10-15m. Dive sites were apt for Open Water divers. We brought our own gear and I don't remember what their rentals looked like. The guides and shop were good - no complaints on safety issues. If you have time, I recommend a trip to Fernando de Noronha, but you need to fly there and make reservations beforehand. But it is really worthwhile - first class diving and operators. Enjoy!

The best place to dive near Rio de Janeiro, in my opinion, is Arraial do Cabo.

Since you're going in July, northeast is not the best place to go (unless money is not a problem and you can afford going to Fernando de Noronha).
I've also heard that Ilha Grande is decent this time of the year, although I've never been there;

Thanks Nami! Actually Fernando de Noronha is where I did my first dive, that place is amazing, it's what convinced me to get my Open Water Certification! haha

Thank you as well Danilo, I'll definitely be looking around Ilha Grande. Fernando de Noronha is out of the question this time though
116.gif

Back
Top Bottom