Opening day for StoneCrab - Wed., Oct. 15th - Dive at Spanish Rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naw, can't be there. Gotta work. You guys have fun & be safe!!

Thanks to MissD, Scott5644, and GulfCoastdiver for showing me Spanish Rocks today.
bradenton20081015_img_1624.jpg

The weather was gorgeous with warm sunny skies and dead flat seas. The viz wasn't so great for my attempts at photography (5-10 ft) but MissD got several pounds of stone crab claws.
bradenton20081015_img_1623.jpg

Here are a few photos:
bradenton20081015_img_0064%20copy.jpg

bradenton20081015_img_0056%20copy.jpg

bradenton20081015_img_0066%20copy.jpg

bradenton20081015_img_0060%20copy.jpg

Others are here:

debersole.com

7-8 pounds of stone crab claws, a lovery flounder, and three great dive buddys, who could ask for more? :D Oh and now one full belly :doh2: Debersole, thanks for joining us - it was a pleasure :) Also thanks for helping me spot dinner :):) Would you believe all the crab have all been eaten already? :shocked::) John/Scott - always a good day w/ you guys :)

Last edited:
Nice job. I wonder how crabbing would be on twilight/night dives? My son and I got several nice flounder and 2 nice hogs near the rocks a couple weeks ago.

As long as you have a good light, I imagine it would be good.

John, How were the crab, did you guys have them tonight?

7-8 pounds of stone crab claws, a lovery flounder, and three great dive buddys, who could ask for more? :D Oh and now one full belly :doh2: Debersole, thanks for joining us - it was a pleasure :) Also thanks for helping me spot dinner :):) Would you believe all the crab have all been eaten already? :shocked::) John/Scott - always a good day w/ you guys :)

Dang girl, sounds like y'all had an awesome day :)
Doug's pics rock (as always!!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom