Opinion on potential gear needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA:
Remember there atre about 60 (yes six-zero) dives shops in the So Cal area. That means competitition.
d-a-a-a-a-a-m-n !! Here we have three that I know of. Unfortunately, I won't be down there until late summer but I think I'm going to hold off and just wait till I get down there...I just hope I can!!! :11:

IceDiverInCA:
Where do you get your tank filled?

Usually Laguna Sea Sports. After a dive I drop it off while I am cleaning my gear in their rinse tanks.

Other times I go to the Dana Point Beach Cities SCUBA and spend the time playfully arguing with Rika (shop manager) about features of regulators and computers.

I am guessing they do a hot/quick fill on purpose for my convenience. Like any place, I am sure if I ask them for a good fill they will do it.

I just wonder if, just because it is a LP tank, it would be easier/more likely to get a good fill without having to wait 40 min.

WannaLaguna:
I've tried the Pro QD and it fills amazing!!
Did you try it on in the water or in the dive shop?

WannaLaguna:
I've been getting allot of feedback for Pacific Wilderness. I might check them out.
Their Santa Ana shop is about 10 min from my house. It is my de-facto LDS. My second time in there was just in there a few weekends ago to get my PIECE OF CRAP AL-80 vised and filled in preperation for the January Wrinkles dive in Diego. The guy (I forget his name) was cool. My first visit was not so good. I'll give them a few more tries before I make up my mind.

WannaLaguna:
PS Studying my a$$ off for my DM exam!!!!
Dude... you are going to forget all that stuff by the time you make it down here. :wink:.

BTW... The SeaQuest Gekko looks pretty cool. I wasn't aware of it until your post. I am definitely adding it to the list for potential next dive computer.

abrown203:
Dude... you are going to forget all that stuff by the time you make it down here. :wink:.
QUOTE]

It seems to be taking a l-o-o-o-o-n-g time to get our paperwork together through the department of labor. If we end up not leaving here till September I may do the DM course up here.

Yeah, I never thought about the gekko until I was in my LDS and took a good look at one.

Oh, I've only tried on the Pro QD in the store.

talk to you later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom