Opinion re:Aeris Atmos A1 Air Integrated Computer Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an almost brand new Oceanic Navcon 250 which is great but somewhat bulky for my tastes because I travel a lot.

I am considering the Aeris Atmos AI Air Integrated Computer Console which seems to be more compact than the Oceanic Navcon 250. Any comments on this computer? Also, is the "quick disconnect" feature worth another $80 and what exactly does it disconnect from?

I can buy a small dive slate which has a compass built into it for that function.

Sy

The Quick-Disconnect, disconnects the hose from the computer. Its nice because when you travel you can take the computer off your Reg, to protect it more in a case or such. Also you can take it off if you want to bring it in to the house to download it to your computer. Or if your on a boat and want to log your dives after the dive you can take the computer with you somewhere. The computer itself is really compact, and one of the smaller AI console computers I have seen. It's a great computer.

Aeris Computers ATMOS ai

Send me a message if you want one and I can work you a deal :)

I have well over 100 dives on my Aeris AI computer and I look forward to putting at least another 100+ on it. Easy to use, not too big, easy to read the numbers....just an easy computer. IMO a QD is a "must" feature. Dave is gave great reasons about disconnecting, but I'll add it's great also for storage (I keep mine in my safe), and we've had incidences where we will dive with one dayboat operator for several days in a row and leave our gear with them. We always disconnect and take our computers with us to prevent incidental damage (or theft). Downloading IS really so much easier disconnected....

The only thing I would say negatively is that the price isn't that much less than a hoseless computer, which is likely what I'd be looking at now if I were buying a computer. The only reason I didn't go hoseless from the start is when I was looking at computers, the hoseless ones were at least double in price (4 years ago).

I have an almost brand new Oceanic Navcon 250 which is great but somewhat bulky for my tastes because I travel a lot.

I am considering the Aeris Atmos AI Air Integrated Computer Console which seems to be more compact than the Oceanic Navcon 250. Any comments on this computer? Also, is the "quick disconnect" feature worth another $80 and what exactly does it disconnect from?

I can buy a small dive slate which has a compass built into it for that function.

Sy

My family owns three of the Aeris ATMOS AI computers (all with qucik disconnect).

I have been diving with mine for 3 years and have 70+ dives on it.
My daughter has about 40 dives on hers and my wife has about 20 dives on hers.

We have had no problems whatsoever with the computers. The are well made and have a solid feel to them.

I made a case for each of them using a padded mask case and some dense foam. I carved out the foam to the shape of the mask case and the carved and indentation in the shape of the dive computer. I place the dive coomputer into a Zip Lock baggie and place it into the carved out portion of the foam. The baggies keeps the computer clean and prevents foam particles (unlikely since it is dense close cell foam) from getting on the dive compter contacts.

The case containing the dive computer fits into the outer pocket of our Akona mesh backpack dive bags with room to spare. There is a small outer packet in the mask case containg the dive computer I store a spare battery for the dive computer.

Inside the case there is enough room for the dive computer manual which I put into a Zip Lock baggie.

I would not buy the ATMOS AI without the quick disconnect for all the reasons that others have already mentioned plus the ability to carry it in the protective padded case mentioned above.

Do you guys actually ascend at the rate that the Aeris AI computer dictates? It dosen't matter how slowly I come up, I ALWAYS blow the ascent rate while dive buddies are already on the surface!

Other than that it's a great comp.

I haven't had any problems with mine.

UFG8R - I don't have mine in front of me, but can't you set the ascent rate?

No it automatically calculates the rate at 30ft/min for dives >60ft and 60ft/min for dive <60ft, or it may be the other way around. Either way it seems that it is MUCH more conservative than that.

I can second all that was said above. I am very happy with mine, only thing I don't like is the cost of the download cable.

Do you guys actually ascend at the rate that the Aeris AI computer dictates? It dosen't matter how slowly I come up, I ALWAYS blow the ascent rate while dive buddies are already on the surface!

Other than that it's a great comp.

I have the hoseless Atmos Elite for two years. Being mounted on my wrist every time I lift up my arm quickly to look at the gage I blow the ascent rate indicator. Now I have an issue where after a few dives and a new battery it states I have a low battery. Once I hit the water descend the computer snaps right into shape and the low bat indictor goes away even after I surface and use it for the second dive of the day. I need to call Aires.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom