Opinions on Mobby's Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwalko

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All:

I have an opportunity to purchase a very slightly used Mobby's dry suit. I am curious about opinions, good or bad, about them. I don't have any dive shops in the area that carry them, so I can't see them first hand.

The suit is Mobbys Armor Shell suit. It has attached boots (sz 13, a little large for me) and latex (I believe) wrist and neck seals. The price is really attractive, but I don't know anything about these suits. I presume it is a few years old, because it was used as a display in a dive shop. It only has a few dives on it. I'm told the seals were replaced before being put up for sale.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks;

John Walko

I have one and I like it. You can have the seals replaced easily. Mine now have diveriite seals on it.

Thanks guys.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but the suit is a shoulder zipper entry. I see that the new ones are front zip. Does this mean that the suit was manufactured before they lost their North america distributorship?

I've heard that the quality was better w/ the older suits which is why I ask.

Thanks;

John

Can someone please clear this up for me. I just bought a used one (mobby's armor shell for $250.00) and when i went to get the latex seals replaced I was told that they are difficult to get a good bond on. This man was very knowledgeable in the realm of drysuits and some of you have recommended him in the past. This is a Mobby's Armorshell Trilaminiate. Should I have the seals replaced or cut my losses and get a DUI?

On a side note the only thing I have purchased new for my Dive gear was my miflex hoses. I don't like buying new gear. I really want a dry suit because I don't like wetsuits. If i can breathe underwater why can't I stay dry. It seems counter intuitive. (Step one stay dry under water. step two breathe under water.) If I can survive underwater for over 30 minutes easily why can't I stay down without getting wet?

RANT OFF: sorry bout that.

I had no problems getting my seals replaced on my Mobby's suit -- I sent it to Superior Drysuit Repair to have them done. Apparently you do have to be fussy about what adhesive you use, but there is no problem if you have the right glue.

I have one and I like a lot TSandM is correct you need a certain kind of glue that works with the Mobby's I had to have some wok don on mine and they had to order the correct glue . with that price you can't go wrong get the seals replaced and go diving

Last edited:
Can you still buy Mobby's drysuits? I have looked online and one person said they thought they went out of business.

I don't know if they went out of business, but they do not distribute in the US, and haven't for several years.

Back
Top Bottom