Opinions - Suunto Zoop dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but if you want to save money, the Zoop is a great personal dive computer and works great.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with the Zoop. I am sure that the ease of use, and simplicity of the Zoop will be a big benefit. I understand many of the diver computers can be pretty intimidating and offer soo many features that honestly, I won't be using (in the near future anyhow).

It really did come down to functionality and price. I found a local store here in Canada selling them for $265 CDN... so I really couldn't go wrong!

Thanks again!!
Colin

I have had the gekko for 2 years now and it has worked well for me. Zoop is similiar. One thing that was recommended to me by others here is read the manual and understand how to use you new computer.

used a gekko (before the zoop) for years with never a problem. Easy to use, easy to see, easy menu & easy to change batteries. now it's my daughter's computer.

You can see the Zoop in action at DiveComputerTraining, and/or take it for a (virtual) spin in the eDiving simulator :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

You know what... after getting my zoop home and looking thru the instructions (73 pages). I'm going to enroll in the online training forsure! As a new diver, and never using a computer before, this will be valuable information.

Thanks!

You know what... after getting my zoop home and looking thru the instructions (73 pages). I'm going to enroll in the online training forsure! As a new diver, and never using a computer before, this will be valuable information....
I am glad to hear that. Let me know how it goes. And if you like it .... tell your friends about us :wink:

The Zoop is my first dive computer and I must say very easy to use. I really like the large display as my eyes don't focus as well as they used to. Could not access the on-line training as the so called code I needed the dive shop knows nothing about. When contacting manufactures they were fast to respond,but so far no luck getting a code to try out the on-line simulator. Outside of that issue very happy with it...

..... Could not access the on-line training as the so called code I needed the dive shop knows nothing about. ......
Could you please let me know the name of the dive shop?

..... When contacting manufactures they were fast to respond,.......
And what did they say?

Could you please let me know the name of the dive shop?

The Dive shop was Ocean Sports in Edmonton Alberta, Canada.

And what did they say?

They knew nothing of any codes to give out. I learned by diving on computer, was'nt hard at all. I'm going back to that dive shop soon as I plan to have computer moved from console to wrist. It would have been nice to use simulator as I'm currently in a Nitrox course as well.

They knew nothing of any codes to give out. ........I'm going back to that dive shop soon .....
Could you please tell them to check out our website AND the Suunto Computers iPhone App we dvelepod for Suunto?

.... It would have been nice to use simulator as I'm currently in a Nitrox course as well.
You can still use our simulators independently from the class; with eDiving you can take the Zoop for a virtual dive in real places and with divePAL you can design your own dive profiles, analyze them and see how the Zoop responds to them.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom