Opinions Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have found the perfect ride. The H3. Anybody that knows this highway, knows that no one much uses it and it was the most expensive road ever built in America (so I hear) because of the ancient Hawaiian burial grounds. Anyway, JB is saying that it would be illegal to ride it because it is technically an Interstate. I think we should and worst case scenario get a warning. How much would the ticket be? anybody have a guess? Or do you think we could do it and no one would do anything?

As you can see...the bike lane is HUGE. And is looks safe and beautiful.

IMG_0033.jpg

For now, we are riding on Kanehoe Marine base which is very nice but pretty far from the house. Just too dangerous for me on the Kaneaneole highway I have concluded.

collage2-2-2.jpg

Uncle Sam has some nice real estate.

maybe I should "ask a cop"

It's not a flat rule that riding on interstates is illegal; it depends on the stretch of road. Usually if there is no other route you can ride on the highway. Just call the local Highway Patrol and they'll tell you.

okay...thats the information I am looking for.

We don't have highway patrol. I will try HPD.

yes...they ride through Santa Barbara, don't they? but they must use the 101, I think.

Is there a sigh that says, No nonmotorized vehicle allowed? That is normally the sign on an interstate entrance ramp.

Just ride it and tell us if anyone has a problem with you and how much the ticket was. Most places where riding is illegal that I know of it is clearly posted at the on ramp.

they told me today that the ticket is 95 dollars.

There are no signs that I could see....

but then I did have the "parking crime" and my court paperwork said "no sineage required"

Boy..it is one beautiful road. Like a ghost town though.

Actually, I have decided after today's ride that I don't think I could pull that long grade on the H3.

Guess I will stick to K-bay...

catherine96821:
they told me today that the ticket is 95 dollars.

That's a beautiful road. Ask them if you can pay in advance and ride it all day. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom