opinions...Zeagle Zena, Zeagle Express Tech or Oceanic Biolite...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uh oh...my shoulder section is a small and when I adjust it properly they are snugged down as far as they can go. It feels snug outside of the water but I haven't been diving with it yet and wonder if this will change once I hit the water. I am taking a refresher course in a few weeks with the dive shop I bought my Zena from...maybe if its not right and I need a size adjustment in the shoulder section they can make it right. Thanks for everyones responses!

I'll be surprised if you don't absolutely fall in love with the Zena Zeagle! I am on my second Zena in 10 years and have recommended this BCD numerous times to many women. I am still amazed that Zeagle is the only manufacturer to offer a zipper style BCD for women. I find it extremely comfortable,my Zena have worn very well over the years and wouldn't think of purchasing the old cummerbund/neck strap style BCD now. Hope you enjoy it!

Completed our refresher course this past Wednesday night and got to try out my new Zena for the first time! It was amazing...so much better then rental jackets! Fit great, felt great in and out of the water. I stayed with the size small shoulders because the x small were too small. I can't wait to use my Zena in Turks & Caicos...2 1/2 weeks!!

I hated my Zena, sold it and bought the Libra. The problem I had was that no matter how high I placed the BCD on the tank- I got hit in the back of the head with the tank valve. My short term solution was to only put the tank thru the bottem strap of the Zena. This solved the problem but people would panic as I was jumping off the boat thinking my tank was falling out. Too much drama for me. Sold it, bought the Libra, love it. No tank valve hitting me in the back of my head.

I hated my Zena, sold it and bought the Libra. The problem I had was that no matter how high I placed the BCD on the tank- I got hit in the back of the head with the tank valve. My short term solution was to only put the tank thru the bottem strap of the Zena. This solved the problem but people would panic as I was jumping off the boat thinking my tank was falling out. Too much drama for me. Sold it, bought the Libra, love it. No tank valve hitting me in the back of my head.

Goes to show not any one BC is right for everyone. I do have to wonder if you were wearing your Zena properly though. I find that I have to move my tank UP on my BC so it isn't hitting me in the back of my legs. The Zena is worn amazingly low on the body when the middle strap is positioned at your waist....much lower than most women I've encountered think it should be. Either way it doesn't matter, you found the perfect BC for YOU and are enjoying it, that's ALL that matters. :)

I do have to wonder if you were wearing your Zena properly though.

Oh yeah, after over 700 dives I am still trying figure out how to properly wear my BCD:rofl3:

You can make fun, but because the Zena doesn't have a cummerbund it is worn differently than any other BC. But again it doesn't matter since you found something you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom