Options for Tanks on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check with Buddy Dive and Wannadive and go with the best pricing.

Both are good operations and will provide for your needs.

DD

DD, I will say this... We went with WannaDive this last time and we had so many leaky tanks and not all leaks were from the yoke... If memory serves me, I don't remember leaks being a problem with Buddy's tanks, at least not most of them... I told my wife that I know that WannaDive is cheaper but if the price was close enough, we might go back with Buddy for the tanks...!

I did think that Wanna gave a better fill but then again, tanks sitting in the sun will put a different spin on things...

lee

Also if you arent using wannadive's main location they don't have an analyzer available...

Also if you arent using wannadive's main location they don't have an analyzer available...

That is a good point... if you are getting drive through tanks, how do you analyze them?
Also, is it recommended that you bring along a handfull of o-rings to deal with leaky tanks or is that something the shops readily supply to you before heading out?

Thanks for all the comments so far, you've got me leaning towards unlimited tanks.

We usually just took one extra tank in case of a bad o-ring or faulty valve. Another benefit of unlimited tanks...

Contact Bruce Bowkar at Carib inn. Best shop if you need parts or repairs also. Runs a small boat twice a day if you want to get out to kline bonaire. I don't know if you will get the lowest price on the island,but you will get good service.

Buddy's has two analyzers at the drive through. Of fifty dives in November I only had one soft fill and no leaking o-rings.

Bruce and Carib Inn are the BEST but they do not do Nitrox if that's your interest. think their boat dives are the best too !

Dive Friends of Bonaire has a card system-buy 20 fills for $110(I think that's right) and they keep the card in the office. they have several locations and would fill our tanks while we waited. they had nitrox analyzer available

great staff

Vann Evans
Sand Dollar A4

Dive Friends of Bonaire has a card system-buy 20 fills for $110(I think that's right) and they keep the card in the office. they have several locations and would fill our tanks while we waited. they had nitrox analyzer available

great staff

Vann Evans
Sand Dollar A4

That's exactly what I was looking for, I'll check them out! Thanks!

a week of tanks at onaire dive and adventure is 165, air or nitrox, or is 28 a day for unlimited tanks that day.. Nitrox is always the same price as air... you can dive all week and then get your dives added up- if you fit into a package, thats what we charge you, if not we dont.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom