Orange BCD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
No problem tying it in the pool... Heck - take it out to the ocean for a dive as well. If you don't like it... send it back, we'll refund 100% - no restocking fee... We'll just clip you for the shipping, which should be about 6 or 7 bucks to Florida and 3 day delivery.

Just call us up Monday, give us some measurements, we'll figure out the right size and have it at your door by Thursday. Hop in the pool Friday, the ocean Saturday, and come Monday - send us a note and tell us you love it - or send it back within 30 days - no questions asked.

sounds like a plan..hopefully i can work the $$$s to get the change for this this week...thanks a bunch!

scubatoys:
Ok... now you're just making fun of us!:14:

It's true... We've had a lot of folks that we have "fitted" by getting height, weight, waist, etc... then we've got about 10 guys that work there - so we just find the guy that is closest, and have them toss it on... and yes... folks will watch on the webcam as we show the fit and features.

If we need a handsome athletic type... of course Larry tries it on. If we need one to fit a big flabby guy... we have Joe try it on. :rofl3: :rofl3:

(Anyone want to guess which one of us did this post?)

youve got a deal if you do this :rofl3:
im 6'3 190~lbs athletic so you be the judge of who does the modeling :wink:

I like orange also. What is with all the black, going to a funeral? This is my faithfull SeaTec SeaHorse in orange and blue. Owned it since I think 1984.

DSCF0181.jpg

Here is our orange and gray Novurania. The forward deck cover is orange also.

DSCF0469.jpg

My orange and black Dacor SeaChute I have owned and used since the mid 70s.

DSCF0195.jpg

My scooter is so red it is orange.

DSCF0138.jpg

And of course, my favorite color of orange. Thank goodness it has finally warmed up some.

DSCF0119.jpg

If you like the orange BC, get it, I doubt it will be a life changing event if in the end you don't like it.

N

Nemrod:
If you like the orange BC, get it, I doubt it will be a life changing event if in the end you don't like it.

Right, for my first BCD i think id be happy with it..however I was eyeing the back float models but they might be out of my price range and this seems to fit into my price range AND is orange :bang:

NitroWill:
I wasnt really asking for other companies to buy from:shakehead Saying "iit does not look very good" does not really help me at all..WHY do you not think it looks good? Give me some factual information or words of experience..Thanks!

Yep, thats exactly what Scuba Toys site says :icosm01:
How do you really like it? Pros and cons?

I'll pass on this one. Buy it, try it, let us know how it works for you. Have always taken the position others can do what they want, but I would not even consider it....and it is just based on gut feeling....nothing scientific.

Enjoy your new bcd.

Nitro - I looked at that BCD on the website and was concerned about the integrated weight pockets. They don't look very secure to me. There are lots of stories about people with the older style velcro weight pockets accidentally dropping their weights. I haven't seen this BCD in person so I don't know for sure.

My girlfriend and I bought bought these BCDs from ScubaToys and have been very happy with them:
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=BCJ-3850

I picked up one of the Orange BCs based on the price (and I like to be a touch different.) It is hella comfortable, and I cannot wait to get it wet. The giant pockets are awesome! (My mom is very jealous of my pockets!)

A few messages up in this thread I was joking about Scubatoys modelling the BC on the webcam... turns out that they already do, sort of... if you get control of their webcam and look around, you'll see a long row of orange BCs hanging from the ceiling. Must be the rental/pool gear! And it really is orange!:11:

If only ScubaToys could get a similar deal on a pink BC, my wife would be thrilled!

Noviz:
A few messages up in this thread I was joking about Scubatoys modelling the BC on the webcam... turns out that they already do, sort of... if you get control of their webcam and look around, you'll see a long row of orange BCs hanging from the ceiling. Must be the rental/pool gear! And it really is orange!:11:

Actually the ones hanging there are for retail sale... we also have another 50 back by our pool, but you can't see those from the cam. That's why we can offer them at such a great deal... we bought up about 500 of 'em. And that was after they brought some down so we could test them out and make sure we liked them.

It is a real nice bc for the money... especially if orange is your thing!

Back
Top Bottom