Orange BCD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
Looks like he beat me to it... Yes, industrial velcro flaps - but they are very secure.

If I remember correctly, the Velcro is only normally used
to release the weights. Normally, you use the zipper on top
of the weight pocket to load/unload the weights so it saves wear on
the Velcro.

--- bill

I am seriously thinking of getting one of these myself. I also noticed that the riptide zone is $50 bucks more(unfortunately not orange) and has rear inflate. hmm, decisions decisions.
shakehead.gif

zen_man:
I am seriously thinking of getting one of these myself. I also noticed that the riptide zone is $50 bucks more(unfortunately not orange) and has rear inflate. hmm, decisions decisions.
shakehead.gif

darn..a rear inflate orange would be one step closer to perfection :p
I think for my first BCD this will do the job quite nice...just dont take my size before I can get the funds!:no:D

Yes Bill is right, you use the top with zipper to put your weight in and valcro is only used for dumping the weight. It also comes with extra weight pouch incase if you want to put some weight on back or I guess you could use the pouch to store something, I don't know have not figured out what to store.......:)
Anyways this BC has plenty of pockets, if you don't like Orange, they also have black for additional $50, but I like mine orange better, with reflective strips ...... I am newbie easy for rescuers to find me..............lol :)

If you're properly weighted, I don't think you'll miss the back inflation part that much while diving; whatever air is in your BC at depth is going straight to your back anyway when you're in normal horizontal dive position. At the surface with lots of air in it you'll notice a difference.

I'm assuming you're a new diver, since I think you mentioned that this is your first BC purchase. With that in mind, buying an inexpensive BC that will get you through a few seasons of diving is an excellent idea. When you have more dive experience, you may want to try a different style of BC (many divers do) but you won't know what's right for you without that experience.

Nice job with the no-risk service, scubatoys!

Sent you the pics of my orange BC as promised- check it out and let me know if you have any questions, also sent you close up of weight pouch so u can take a look at the zipper pouch

trigfunctions:
Nitro - I looked at that BCD on the website and was concerned about the integrated weight pockets. They don't look very secure to me. There are lots of stories about people with the older style velcro weight pockets accidentally dropping their weights. I haven't seen this BCD in person so I don't know for sure.

My girlfriend and I bought bought these BCDs from ScubaToys and have been very happy with them:
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=BCJ-3850
I have a Riptide Zone II, which has the same weight pockets. They are no problem, very secure and very easy to release.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom