Ordering Weezle from the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shadow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering purchasing a 2-piece Weezle Extreme undersuit from Mikes Dive Store in the UK. Any UK divers or anyone else know anything about this chain of stores? Are they decent businesses that offer a reasonable level of service? Or does anyone have any other retailers to suggest? The suit will have to be shipped to Vancouver, Canada. No shops around here carry it.

Thanks!

can be found at COVCI. This link takes you to the Weezle page where you can select size, style, color and order with a Visa/MC.

Good luck with your search!

C_C

I think Dan's Dive Shop in Ontario carries the Weezle line as well if I am not mistaken. Do not have the web addy right now, but if you want it PM me.

I got my Weezles from COVCI sometime back. It was a less than ideal experience, enough so I will not purchase anything from them again. I sent an initial email about purchasing the Weezles and got a prompt response. I sent the MO and got an email indicating that they received the MO and had ordered the Weezles. After 2 weeks I did not hear anything and sent off an email asking about the status of the order. I did not get a response. I sent another email asking again, no response. I then called and was informed by a woman who answered the phone that Chris was out of town and would be back in a couple of days. I waited and sent another email, no response. I then called again and had to leave a message, no call back. I was fed up at this point and contacted Weezle directly about the lack of response from one of their dealers and indicated that I was not happy. I got a response from Weezle within hours. Then surprise! an email from COVCI making some excuses about shipping etc. What it boiled down to was a delay in sending out the order from COVCI to Weezle and then no response from them about the order. All it would have taken was a simple email saying that there was a delay in the order and it was in the works. Apparently it was to much effort to do that.

omar

It seems that the US and Canadian shops will have to order the suit from the UK - especially since I need an extra small two piece suit. I figure that I might as well order it from the UK myself - it seems to be as much as $200 Cdn dollars cheaper than the price listed by COVCI and an Ontario shop (can't remember which one).

So, I'm still waiting to hear from some UK members - I know there are a few lurking about this board! Even some Irish members might be familiar with UK shops. Come on, don't be shy!

omar once bubbled...
I got my Weezles from COVCI sometime back. It was a less than ideal experience, enough so I will not purchase anything from them again. omar

This is the sort of thing I worry about when I just pick some company I've never heard of off the Internet. Thanks.

That's why this board is such a great resource.

Shadow once bubbled...

This is the sort of thing I worry about when I just pick some company I've never heard of off the Internet. Thanks.

That's why this board is such a great resource.

Not discounting Omar's experience, but his is the first bad one I've heard about COVCI. I've spent a grand or two with them and never had any problems... but then I'm not usually in a hurry to get my stuff.

COVCI isn't his sole business, so it's possible for him to be out of town on other business. I think his service is tops. I hope Omar doesn't give up on him too quickly.

A satisfied customer,
wb (Bob)

There was nothing quick about it. Chris had 8-9 days to send off one reply. I got no response until I contacted weezle directly. Then he decided he probably should contact me.

I have done in excess of $150,000.oo dollars of business over the internet over the last 4 years. Most of it related to a small business that I own and operate in addition to my regular job. I have had only 3 bad experiences. This is because I try to evaluate what type of merchant they are before I do business with them. If it seems questionable I don't do it.

One the guy died the day after I sent the money and by the time things were settled down on the other end no one could find out what happened to it. I don't think that this will happen again. (I hope not!). One with memorysuppliers who promised next day shipment that turned out to be 22 days before they shipped even though the CC charge showed up the next day and COVCI. As I said all it would have taken is one response in that 8-9 day period after I asked for an update and before I contacted weezle.

omar

omar once bubbled...
There was nothing quick about it. Chris had 8-9 days to send off one reply. I got no response until I contacted weezle directly. Then he decided he probably should contact me.

omar

Sounds like you have minimum patience, and are holding on to this one pretty tight. Did this become personal to you? Running out and contacting the mfg is not something one typically does. I mean 3 bad experiences in all your dealings is pretty good. I'd be pretty happy with that kind of success rate.

As a small business owner, I'm sure you've always provided flawless service too?!? And when you didn't, it didn't detract from all the other good work you done, right? Remember, the idea is to have more good days than bad days. But then, you know that right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom