Ordering Weezle from the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard similar complaints in the past of slow communication from COVCI and chalked that up to it being a side business.

I haven't heard any complaints lately... OMAR how long ago was your transaction?

In my dealings with Chris (COVCI) I have found him to be a right on kinda guy... and I have no reservation in recommending him... and have quite often.

That said.... Shadow... are you dead set on getting a two-piece Weezel?

First I would like to apologize to Omar for any personal distress he may have experienced as the direct result of his business transaction with me (COVCI).

To the best of my recollection the transaction being discussed took place early in 2002. A number of factors contributed to delay in shipping of orders from the factory in the UK at that time with the biggest being the way the US Customs folks began handling packages.

Apparently, to add insult to injury, I was out of town...for a period of 8 days in Colorado Springs, Colorado at a software conference for my full-time job when Omar called and spoke with my wife. She was, and is still unable to provide customers/prospective customers with order information. She does not work for COVCI, is not a diver, and does not have access to the order information. But she is a helluva cook!

Being out of town, and not having normal contact lines available to me added to the inability to send email, or return a call. Once I was back to the ranch, I did contact Omar by email and indicated that his order was in process.

Although this is a "side" business, I still TRY to handle it as I would a regular, full-time job. Giving as much time and attention as possible with the resources I have.

My primary purpose with this business is to give divers around the world a way to buy good, quality gear at prices below retail. I am not out to put the LDS out of business. I am not out to make a fortune.

I appreciate all of the folks here and other places that have taken the time to check out my website and place orders.

Omar has made his disdain with my company and the way I handled his transaction clear to the members here and other discussion boards. I have not responded before this time simply because I felt that somethings were better left alone.

I appreciate the individual's right to express his/her feelings freely and hope that we ALL continue to have this forum as a place for meeting other divers that share our passions.

Thanks for listening!

COVCI

Hi Shadow
I have a mike's up the road from me in N.london they are an excellent shop/chain of dive stores very good customer service.I personally use another one i have already made a good bond with.The dive club i belong to is affiliated to mikes as we buy all our equip/fills/service there (club just spent £7500 on video and housing) and i apparently get discount as being a member of the club ,how much i do not know!.I do not know what they would be like internationally,speed of service! .If you PM me i can make some enquiries on your behalf.

Regards,

MAL.

I just purchased a canister light from COVCI. Chris returned many E-mails and answered lost of questions with good information and lots of patience (even after I changed the order). COVCI also has reasonable prices. I will buy from him again.
You might want to check out Softwear fleece drysuit underwear. Excellent product at a great price!

Matt

cwb...

Sounds like you have minimum patience,
8-9 days for a response is minimal patience? This is after the initial 2 weeks after the order was confirmed.

Running out and contacting the mfg is not something one typically does.
It is when you can not get a response from a dealer.

I mean 3 bad experiences in all your dealings is pretty good. I'd be pretty happy with that kind of success rate.
I am.

As a small business owner, I'm sure you've always provided flawless service too?!?
Yes, I go out of my way to do it. I am expecting that I will get that one where there is nothing I can do right. So far it has not happened. The longest it has taken me to respond to someone is 3 days.

omar

COVCI,

This is the only board where I have expressed my dissatisfaction with the transaction.

omar

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
That said.... Shadow... are you dead set on getting a two-piece Weezel? [/B]

I would like to get a really warm undergarment, thinsulate or something like it. The Weezle is the only one I could find that comes in a two-piece - I am dead set on a two-piece - but I'm won't go into long explanations about female anatomy here. :D

I know you really like 300g fleece, and I have ordered some from Malden Mills (manufacturer of Polarfleece), as I sew myself. But I've been looking at the Weezle for about a year now. Never actually seen one live, just pictures and info on the web. Seems like a great product.

I recall a post somewhere in which you mention that you had trouble with trapped air with your Weezle suit. That concerns me, as the main reason I am getting a suit is because all the fleece layers I currently use give me grief when it comes to dumping air. Did you always have that problem with your Weezle or was it a one-time occurence?

Shadow once bubbled...
The Weezle is the only one I could find that comes in a two-piece - I am dead set on a two-piece
Robin (you bought her Ranger) will be here shortly and I will ask her if she still has the two piece UG... I know she still has a one piece Weezle.

As for the air trapping... it wasn't trapping... you just need to add plenty of gas to loft the Weezle to stay warm... and the shell does not pass any of it so it takes awhile for it to escape when venting. That has been the experience of other folks I have talked to as well (though I am sure not all.)

What I did to solve the *venting problem* was burn a series of small holes right under my forearm dump. That did not however solve the *lofting problem* and since I like to have my suit snug I only dive the Weezle in the summer.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Robin (you bought her Ranger) will be here shortly and I will ask her if she still has the two piece UG... I know she still has a one piece Weezle.

As for the air trapping... it wasn't trapping... you just need to add plenty of gas to loft the Weezle to stay warm... and the shell does not pass any of it so it takes awhile for it to escape when venting. That has been the experience of other folks I have talked to as well (though I am sure not all.)

What I did to solve the *venting problem* was burn a series of small holes right under my forearm dump. That did not however solve the *lofting problem* and since I like to have my suit snug I only dive the Weezle in the summer.

Still using that Ranger - I've got about 60 dives with it to date. John liked it so much that he bought himself a brand new one shortly after we met you.

Let me know what Robin has - I need an extra small. It comes in the Extreme (thicker) and the Compact (thinner). I'm not patient with venting air - that's why my current setup bugs me. Weezle claims that their suit allows air to pass "through and around the suit with minimal restriction". And as for the restriction of the "migration of air": "this problem has been eliminated from the Weezle undersuits" (quoted from their website). I wonder if this is a new improvement? or just a claim? Is your suit much older? Well... the plot thickens... will we ever know the truth?...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom