Oriskany Trips Dec 23 & 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truth be told, Cameron and I didn't blame you for not going to Vortex...pretty nasty day, but I wanted to test some new gear, and get my ears under water so we jumped in the pond. Cameron had driven so far he wanted to at least get wet somewhere.

And I agree, we would definetly want you to wear them....although since Eric came up with the quote, we might let him take a swim with them also.:D

if driving 5 hours round trip from Pensacola to Vortex to my house to dive 2 dives at Vortex where I have about 50 dives already in air temp of 50 with cold rain coming down and a sore throat that started Friday in the pouring rain on my way down to Pensacola to dive the Mighty O makes me candy "panties", I will glady wear them with pride....I would just look a whole lot better in them...:D

Yes, Coralline Dream and I made two dives. The ear did pretty good. I can tell it is still not as good as it used to be. But, with a little work I was able to equalize okay. It feels okay today so hopefully, all is well. I tried out my new 5mm wetsuit that Chris gave me. I needed 2 more pounds then I usually carry to get down with the 5mm.

Not sure what is going on with the viz. at Vortex. Only two divers got in the water before us and visibility was probably only ten foot, except in the cavern of course.

We heard you guys were diving at Jackson Blue. I bet I know what the viz. was there! You still on for our Jan. 12th dive with Gary?

Hey Glen, I heard you guys made it to Vortex yesterday. Glad you were atleast able to get wet. How was the ear?

We had a great day at Jackson Blue celebrating Rick's birthday(and packetsniffers) in the best fashion we knew... Diving our asses off :D

Still up for diving on the 12th :D and the 1st, and the 5th and 6th, bwahahaa!

When vis exceeds 100', it starts getting hard to judge the distances accurately. Life is rough!

When vis exceeds 100', it starts getting hard to judge the distances accurately. Life is rough!

Ahhh now!! I think Mat should wear the candypants if he is soooo spoiled he can only dive in that kind of vis..:wink:

(Hey I think we need a new smilie with candypants on. We can pass it around.):D

I didn't choose the location, but I'm not gonna complain when the site is always has great conditions :wink:

It is bad when you have to go to the dark side to get good vis..:D

Have you guys seen the movie "The Guardian" where they jump out of a helicoptor and into the water? Of course they are swimming not diving but hey, after the fall we have had trying to get out to the O we need to look at all our options..:D. You are a pilot Eric. Can you hover long enough for 2 dives and a SI? :wink:

Ahhhhhh...and just when I was considering it...you have to go and tell me that....

The dark side does not always have good vis :wink:

Ask anyone who's been to Morrison lately.
I can attest to that. I have seen the Alabama River with better viz than Morrisons. But on the bright side, it will cear up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom