Oriskany Trips Dec 23 & 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If everything goes as planned I will be at Flounders. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Just finished packing the truck with all my gear...I sure hate when I get that nagging feeling like I am forgetting something.

Why don't we all plan to meet at Flounder's Friday night at 7pm for a beer?

Who's in?

Flounders is located in the heart of Pensacola Beach. (Cross the toll bridge. Turn left at stoplight, into the parking lot of Flounders.)

I am so excited I may just skip work tomorrow and drive on down. I am always late so if I shoot for middle of the afternoon I can probably be at Flounders by 7pm. :D

After talking to everyone it looks like we will all be meeting at flounders Friday night at 7:00 for super and an adult beverage. Only one though since we are diving the next day, Denise, I really mean one now, ok maybe two.
The weather is still up in the air but I do believe we will make it out. Now they are predicting the afternoon to be better so I will make the call tomorrow night as for as what time we leave.
Garry over at Gulf Divers called me earlier about two other divers so it looks like we will have a full trip.
Lets go diving

Denise, I really mean one now, ok maybe two.
I am soooo spoiled.:blinking:

Garry over at Gulf Divers called me earlier about two other divers so it looks like we will have a full trip.
Lets go diving
That was very sweet of you Gary.:10:

Now there is only one problem. This humidity is going to ruin my hair. There is only so much hair products can do:D I will be leaving shortly. See you guys tonight

It was good getting together last night. Sorry we couldn't dive the Mighty "O" this morning....but, someone made a comment about "candypants scuba divers wannabees" (BTW Eric, that was the Quote of the year!) who don't want to get wet or cold. For the record, Coralline Dream and myself headed to Vortex when the Oriskany dive was cancelled. Morrison is flooded and brown so Vortex was our only option. We made two dives at Vortex in between the cold rain showers. But, one diver was missing......I wonder where SHE was??

Denise, is this award for you???
candypants.jpg
:D:D

Sorry the weather didn't cooperate for our dive, but it was great to hang with everyone Friday night and I hope everyone had a safe trip home. We'll do it again. Except next time, we'll dive.

Eric

Hey Glen, I heard you guys made it to Vortex yesterday. Glad you were atleast able to get wet. How was the ear?

We had a great day at Jackson Blue celebrating Rick's birthday(and packetsniffers) in the best fashion we knew... Diving our asses off :D

I wonder where SHE was??

Denise, is this award for you???
candypants.jpg
:D:D

if driving 5 hours round trip from Pensacola to Vortex to my house to dive 2 dives at Vortex where I have about 50 dives already in air temp of 50 with cold rain coming down and a sore throat that started Friday in the pouring rain on my way down to Pensacola to dive the Mighty O makes me candy "panties", I will glady wear them with pride....I would just look a whole lot better in them...:D

It is truly a shame we didn't get to dive.:( But what a fun bunch!! It was worth the trip just to meet everyone and hang out with you guys.

I got to rag Eric about the woes of drinking and typing. I told him I started to put some peppermint in my pants pocket and show him.. :D

I got to meet Capt Jeff. He walked up to the group and I was the only female and he said you must be Denise. I said no, and he had the funniest look on his face. Then I started laughing...too funny. He entertained me with his shark stories. I got to go to the marina earlier in the day and sneak a peek at the Daisy D. She is an awesome dive boat. You have a great setup for diving and I can't wait to get an opportunity to try her out.

I got to meet Glen who lives so close yet we never seemed to meet up for a dive. You see the reason you can't wear candy pants while diving is because they would melt and then what would you do?:wink:

I got to see Cameron again who has been MIA for awhile out on the west coast. We got to catch up on what he has been seeing on the wrecks out there. I am truly sorry for wussing out on you two but the cold and rain and sore throat were a bit much for freshwater diving. I had my hopes set on saltwater.

And I got to meet Don and his wife. When I met Don I shook his hand and said we have got to talk hair and he died laughing and said or we gonna have fun or what. I enjoyed talking with your wife. It is a shame she has ear problems and can't dive. She is so much fun. At least she loves the water and snorkeling.

Thanks so much guys for a great time Friday night and thank you Jeff and Eric for trying so hard to get us out on Saturday. Jeff kept checking the weather trying to find the least break in it so he could get us out there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom