Oriskany Trips Dec 23 & 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It doesn't matter to me. Either one is fine. It takes me about the same time to get to either.

Well crap. Looks like the weather doesn't want to cooperate. We'll see.
We're leaving this morning and stopping in Nashville for a couple nights, then we'll arrive at Paradise Inn sometime Thursday afternoon.
I'm not particularly interested in freshwater diving, so...

Maybe this thing will speed up and push on thru. Monday the 31st looks good on the extended forecast. Maybe our Captain and DM would consider moving the date if Saturday gets blown and everyone can make it.

Vortex would probably be the best bet for vis on Saturday, considering there will have been rain in the area for a couple of days and we might see some more showers.

If the date were to get moved, I'd still be up for freshwater springs on Saturday and Sunday then the O on Monday. I've got to drive down there anyway, might as well hit a few spots...

Well bragging about diving 70 degree waters in the gulf, while we are very frequently diving lake martin with low 60's to high 50 temps. did I mention 5mm wetsuits. Must be nice I am jealous, LOL.

What was the link to that big sissy sight again? LOL :rofl3:

Any verdict yet on Saturday? I haven't made hotel reservations yet. I still want to go diving somewhere and should probably make plans/reservations somewhere. So just let us know what you think.
Thanks alot,

Okay. I think I have come up with an alternate plan that is doable. If the Oriskany is still a go,I will drive to Pensacola Beach Saturday morning and do the dive and hang out a while and then come home (I don't have any reservations, but it is about a 2 to 2 1/2 hr drive so that is doable.)
If the Oriskany dive is cancelled on Saturday, I will drive to Vortex Saturday morning and be there around mid morning and spend the night, hopefully do a night dive, dive on Sunday (Morrisons if doable) Vortex if not and leave Sunday afternoon. (That is assuming I can still get a room at or near Vortex). Who can dive Vortex/Morrisons Saturday and Sunday?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom