Orlando in February?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alpine,

I am flying into Orlando and won't really need a car for business as I am staying at the same hotel as the conference I am attending. My plan is to rent a car just for the day(s) that I dive. $30-45 a day.

Just a thought...if you are going to be there all or most of the week and want to be able to have a day to dive, look into booking a flight that either gets you in Sat or leaves on Sunday. You may be able to offset an extra night or two hotel with savings on the flight. Don't know for sure, but it's worth looking into, I used to do that all the time, unfortunately before I started diving.

FYI, most scuba shops around Orlando do group dives to Epcot where you can pay $90 for the dive. You have to be a sucker to pay $140.

Let me know when you are in town I'll dive with you. It'll be spring diving but its a lot of fun.

I have decided on the Epcott, Which Shops? Reference please?

Please feel free to contact us and we will set up whatever dives are possible for you.

Sheez! Guess I'm a sucker! LOL. I just booked my Dive Quest dive for Feb. 25. The cost was $175 before a AAA discount. So it ended up being $148.75.

If anyone knows a dive shop that can schedule for $90 that cyberfed refers to, please post it!!!

I'm flying in on Feb. 20 and hoping to get two dive trips over the weekend - on Sat and Sun. My plan is to fly to Orlando, drive to wherever the diving is and get an hotel.

Can anyone suggest dive shops in the Jupiter area?

Sheez! Guess I'm a sucker! LOL. I just booked my Dive Quest dive for Feb. 25. The cost was $175 before a AAA discount. So it ended up being $148.75.

If anyone knows a dive shop that can schedule for $90 that cyberfed refers to, please post it!!!

I'm flying in on Feb. 20 and hoping to get two dive trips over the weekend - on Sat and Sun. My plan is to fly to Orlando, drive to wherever the diving is and get an hotel.

Can anyone suggest dive shops in the Jupiter area?
My favorite is Jupiter Dive Center Give them very high recomendations

There is also Emerald Charters; they tend to cater to spearfishing and have strong fans

There is a stickey on Jupiter diving on this forum as well as a ton of info on the "search" function.

If you are a confident, experienced diver, comfortable with current, depth (average sites in Jupiter are 75 - 90 feet), and the ocasional large animal sighting, Jupiter is well worth the drive. Its not the shallow reefs of the Keys, but offers some of the best diving anywhere.

Dayo Scuba...are you saying that you can set up a dive at Epcot? If so, the date is Wednesday, Feb. 25. What's the cost?

I would have to make sure that Epcot will cancel my reservation with them without losing any money.

divedivedivecfl, we're you talking about joining a dive to Epcot or somewhere else?

I'm in for the 25th if the price is under a hundred bucks... any more than that and it pays to drive south for a 2-tanker.

Heck... for $140, I can go south for a 3-tanker or 2 2-tankers.

Although... someday I will have to do Epcot... can I get a "been here, done that" shirt from epcot?

I think they do give you a tee shirt...LOL!

I'm all for saving. I've asked a couple of times for the name of a dive shop that would put the trip together but I have not gotten any replies.

If someone comes up with a name or can make the arrangements, that would be great. I would have to verify with Epcot that they will let me cancel without a penalty fee. But other than that, I'd rather save the money for a nice dinner afterwards!

Anyone want to investigate this further?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom