other hobbies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by funky__monks

At first glance I thought that said "glass bowling"... which brought up some very interesting mental images until I figured out what it really said :)

There you go...mixing those letters up again. :)

when I'm not reading posts on this site (which by the way takes up my time by the truckloads now) I like to ride my bikes, watch war movies with my wife (ok, ok not all war movies, alot of foreign flicks to keep her happy:wink: ) play board games with our friends, rock climbing, running, and driving my BRAND NEW car I just got on Sunday:D

-Mike

...music and more music! i also like to bike and hike. and recently, reading posts here, it's kinda addicting....wonder why, most posts are not really that interesting....hehheh:whack:

Originally posted by trymixdiver
Inparticular the WWII Sub movies

Das Boot
Run silent run deep
operation peticoat

ect .....

Where else are you gonna find das boot and operation petticoat on the same list?!

I love movies too - favorite, I think, is All About Eve. What are some fave films of folks here?

Here's mine, in order of what takes up most of my "spare time"

Competitive BMX (bicycle motocross) racing with my 14 yo son
-great sport with a camaraderie similar to diving

I share many others' passion for automobiles, both restorations and enjoying modern technology: '98 Mustang Cobra convertible, '76 Triumph Bonneville motorcycle, '65 Volvo P1800, and (hopefully soon) a late 40's-early 50's pick-up.

Frustrated semi-professional musician
-have been in bands that actually got paid money to do something I love, write original music, etc. Now semi-retired, but sit in with lots of other bands when the opportunity presents...

Extreme snow-skiing
-including lots of out of bounds, ungroomed mountain terrain and one incredible week-long adventurei in the Andes!

Pick up games of basketball and tennis and washers.

Scuba Legs
PS Great thread! Very interesting to read.

wannabe:

sounds like your from around here too? (Pacific Northwest that is)

I am still amazed at how many different hobbies one person can have.... some a lot more then others!:)

Lets see as far as favorite films go... I will have to say Saving Private Ryan, Pearl Harbor, Black Hawk Down....... just about any war movie really. Just can't seem to see enough of them!!

Kayla:)

Lets see.....

Diving
Martial Arts, I train Okinawan Goju-Ryu Karate
Backpacking.....both summer and winter camping
Rock climbing
Mountain biking
Guns.........ie hunting
Watching movies

ETC......................

The list could go on and on. These are just a few of my favorates.

Yep -- just south of seattle

Too many hobbies not enough vacation or disposable income

Rowing(actually sculling) I used to compete and even have a few medals won, now it is more recreational when I get to row, travel, reading and crocheting. But my favorite is Diving by far. Oh I almost forgot I luv to shop too. So I have to work to do all these expensive hobbies.

Back
Top Bottom