OTS Guardian FFM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wizbangdoodle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have 2 OTS Guardian FFM's with comms for sale. One is blue, the other is pink. If you are looking at this ad, I assume you already know how great these units are.

My wife and I used these 5 times, then they went back to OTS for their annual service. They have not been used since. Comes with all the different sized nose blocks, wrenches and other accessories they came with brand new. I have seen the MSRP on these brand new is over $1200. I'd like to get $850 each. Remember, if you don't like the color, it can be changed.

29zx2rn.jpg

2lw31l.jpg

How do u change the color

The frame comes apart fairly easy. Order a new frame from OTS and you're good to go.

Correction, you can send it to them and they will change it, cost is $120. You can change it yourself if you are a Guardian Technician. That is one of the things I like about this. You can take a class and do your own maintenance on these units. Not like the mainstream manufacturers that require your LDS to do all the annuals.

---------- Post added January 21st, 2014 at 03:08 PM ----------

May I ask why are you selling them?

Open to offers?

We got them mostly for the communications ability. My wife had a hard time adapting to it. If she isn't going to use it, it doesn't do me any good to use it.

I am open to offers, what do you have in mind?

Last edited:
Ok, I'd like to see someone get some use out of these units this year. I'll drop the price to $800 each or, if you buy both, $1500 for the pair. I'll even throw in a fresh battery in the comm unit.

What type of comm units do these come with? And what sizes are they? My wife is really determined to dive with a full face and my daughter just finished her advanced open water. Can these also be used with Nitrox?looking for something to use on Our Galapagos trip although so far I think I like the Ocean Reef Predator for myself.

Last edited:
These use a unit called a Buddy Phone. I've included the link to OTS's site that talks specifically about the comm unit. Shop | Ocean Technology Systems

These masks are one size fits all, and that is no joke. You would have to have an unusually large or small head/face for these not to fit. They have a double seal and don't even have to be very tight to seal up which makes them very comfortable.

They are Nitrox compatible. As a matter of fact, they have only been used with Nitrox so far.

The Ocean Reef Predator is a great FFM. We looked at both when we made this purchase. The Guardian felt better to me and they had a special on that made them cost less than the Ocean Reef unit.

Feel free to read up on the Guardian on their website and check out reviews on various forums. The Guardian always gets great reviews.

These are awesome, and that price with coms is amazing, if I didn't already have one with coms I'd buy both instantly.

Back
Top Bottom