Our World Underwater Chicago 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I've already gotten two mailings, so it looks like February 20-22 will be good days "for diving" in Chicago.

Home - Our World Underwater

WEEK-END AT A GLANCE

Friday – February 20, 2009

In-Depth Workshops 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Exhibition Hall 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Film Festival 8:30 PM – 10:00 PM

Saturday – February 21, 2009
In-Depth Workshops 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Exhibition Hall 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM

Seminars 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Film Festival 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Sunday – February 22, 2009
In-Depth Workshops 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Exhibition Hall 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM

Seminars 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM

Who's going to be there from SB?

I will be there showing our entire line of personalized Scuba products including our scuba BC name tags, YourTankTags, and mask strap covers. Please be sure and stop by the YourBagTag.com booth (#408) and say hello! I am looking forward to putting faces to the names.

I'm in if they run another hands-on "Photoshop w/ Underwater Photography" workshop. I missed last year's due to work issues.

I am relatively new to diving and am now considering taking the leap into buying my own BC, Regs, Wetsuit, etc. Is the OWU show geared (no pun intended) toward people like me or is it geared more toward industry people? For example, I would like to be able to try on many different manufacturers' wetsuits and BCs before making a decision on what to buy. Will I be able to do this at the OWU show? I hope so because that would certainly beat the alternative of driving to several shops all over the Chicagoland area for hours and hours just to pick through their generally light in stock items. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Is the OWU show geared (no pun intended) toward people like me or is it geared more toward industry people?

OUW is geared towards New and experienced divers alike. It is a great place to see the new gear that is out or coming out. It is a great family event, they even have a pool there for people interested in diving to try it out.

I'll be there wandering probalby on saturday and then working the SB booth in the mornign on Sun...

I will be there with my art booth, Ocean Colors Art. If you visited my booth in 2008, thank you, if you are new to OWU in 2009, then I hope to see you

I'm not sure I'll make it (have to negotiate a bit more) but if I do I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work...I LOVE my turtle!!

Back
Top Bottom