Outdoor Adventure Show: Feb 20-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Source

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
First let me say I don't work for the show and Netdoc said it's OK for me to post info about it, as it is of general interest to Ontario divers and the largest public scuba show of any size in the province since Underwater Canada ceased to exist.

Info for this years show is here: SCUBA World

and

I was just sent a link for a 2 for one Coupon that I thought I would pass along.

The show this year looks interesting with a diverse group of exhibitors from various shops in the GTA as well as a good line up seminars/speakers all of which are free once you go in.

I'll be hanging around there a bit and if you are going and want to see me there send me a PM and we'll hook up.

Thanks Brian, I checked out the Scuba world advertisment but can't find any link as to whom will actually be there, I know Scuba 2000 will be on the block, will Dive source be attending.

Amobeus

I went to last years and it was of moderate interest. The shops there seemed to concentrating on attracting new divers (not a bad thing) and most exhibited no further interest in me once they learned I was already certified. POW, OUC and DAN were there.
Trying the rock climbing wall was great fun and I'll probably make the trek down again.

amobeus:
Thanks Brian, I checked out the Scuba world advertisment but can't find any link as to whom will actually be there, I know Scuba 2000 will be on the block, will Dive source be attending.

Amobeus

OK now that I have been officially asked I guess it won't be an advertisemnt to say who is going to be there.

Yes we have a doublewide booth there again this year and I am giving a lecture on Sunday called " 10 ways to avoid a ruined dive trip" . I also understand Alec (aka seahunter) is speaking on Saturday on the history of the Old 1960's tv show Seahunt. - There is a speaker schedule on the show website.

Here is last list I was sent of scuba related businesses attending including booth numbers:

601 Aquarius Scuba
605 Ocean Quest Scuba
607 Visit Florida
609 JW Research
611 Mississauga Dive
618 Bahamas Tourism
620 The Dive Guide
622 Barbados Tourism
630 Scuba Holidays
629 Cuba Tourism
700 The Dive Shop
706 OUC
708 Merit Travel
710 St. Vincent & Grenadines
714 Dive Source
727 Divers Alert Network
808 Scuba Press
810 Waterline Sports
813 Scuba 2000
820 Cayman Islands
## Dan's Dive

Some of these details have likely changed and there are certainly others but I don't know who they are right now.

I found this to be an interesting show because it has a decent scuba section, interesting free lectures as well as rock climbing, biking, hang gliding, camping, kayaking etc.

For us it is a chance to hopefully sell a few things and meet people. We don't actually expect to get people for basic scuba courses there since we are outside of the city but it is good to show the flag so to speak let people know what we do.

If anybody is coming please drop in and say hi.( I have always wondered what exactly an omoebus looks like in person :cheeky: )

I believe that I will be going, so although we have met, I will stop by and harrass you if it is alright Brian.

cobaltbabe:
I believe that I will be going, so although we have met, I will stop by and harrass you if it is alright Brian.

Sounds good to me! I am hoping to meet a few people from the board since I couldn't make the infamous seajay party.

BTW-You are just too nice to ever resemble harrassment. :)

I will be there at the Mississauga Diving booth but I don't know exactly which days.... gotta ask the boss.....

just got finished the better living show in brampton... put in 66 hrs... whooo am I tired.... but lots of people interested in becoming divers.....

I hope to see some of you there. I know that we have 4 booths and NAUI is using one of them... so they will be there.... I didn't see them on the list though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom