Outdoor Adventure Show: Feb 20-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pufferfish:
Just got back from the show and overall it was a good opportunity to chat with dive friends and discover new non-dive adventure opportunities if you are into that. Boy some of those dive shops in attendence need a few lessons on presentation. Aquarius, Dive Source, and Scuba 2000 all had nice displays. Posiedon had a presence which I didn't notice last year.

What surprised me is why the towns of Kingston and Brocville don't have booths at the show to promote their wreck diving. I am sure much of their business is from the GTA and more could be had if these towns and local dive shops put a little more effort into promoting themselves.

Fathom Five marine park and representatives from the Tobermory dive scence were there. Even a charter outfit from Newfoundland was at the show.

Definitely worth the $5 (with coupon) on a cold wet winter's day.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t46042.html

this will answer your question on where some of the Kingston people where.

That looks interesting Tom. Hope you had a good day.

After seeing little towns like Manitouwadge (pop. 3000) and Haliburton (who by the way are getting a sub this summer :54:) with display booths at the show, I wondered why doesn't the city of Kingston or Brockville have booths at the show for the promotion of diving?

Like the Fathom Five marine park booth which used people from the dive industry in Toby to help cover the booth, the town of Kingston and/or Brockville could have had a display. The individual dive shops and charter outfits could have partnered with the city to share expenses and staff if costs were too onerous.

If this small outfit www.oceanquestcharters.com came all the way from Nfld to advertise to the GTA community then you can understand why not seeing anyone from the Kingston/Brockville corridor was so surprising. OK SOS was there.

That dive corridor has so much potential and to not see it promoted as such I see as wasted opportunity.

Hi, new here on the board...

I'm living in St. John's, NF right now and I've been out with Ocean Quest a few times. Rick and his crew have a top notch operation. It's worth grabbing one of the discount flights (jetsgo, canjet, etc.) and coming out for some dives. The four wrecks in Conception Bay are worth the trip alone, in my honest opinion. Go talk to them, they're very friendly!

Cheers,

-R.

Anyone going up to the Outdoor show from West End Toronto this afternoon? I could really use a ride.

went to the show yesterday and im glad idid..it was worth the 3 and a half hour drive..finally go to meet marie and matt as well as groundhog and his family..brian you were great as usual..thanks for the good deals and great company..

scubarob:
I didn't hear much heckling at the show during Brian's presentation Diverlady.
There was a comment about pink equipment however !!!

:zap1:

I was too busy eating potato chips!! LOL

Pink equipment - yes, Brian and I had a pre-arranged secret hand signal for when to insert the pink equipment comment! :D

By the way, welcome to the Board scubarob!!

Diverlady

I had a great time at the show. Talked to alot of new and up and coming divers. It's good to see there is alot of interest out there. Met some board member which was super. Everyone is so nice. Luckily I got out of the show without spending the money on the regs that I want so bad, Brian I will be talking to you about them soon. :)

The staff I was working with were great. Thank you for the opportunity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom