Overlap between diving and aviation communities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As soon as I started my diving training I found out that an awful lot of my pilot friends used to dive (none do currently though). And many of them also are motorcyclists too (about 50/50 on active/not).

Zero overlap between my auto racing friends and any of the above though oddly. You'd think it would be similar, but nope.
There is a bunch of overlap between diving and motorcycles.

When not flying or diving, I can be found here...

https://flic.kr/p/BQqmyN

Didn’t someone mention the discover diving folks having there demo pool at Oshkosh? You would think that would be a great place to introduce type a folks to diving.

Many years ago I was saving to buy a motorcycle. Then I got engaged, and the money went to the ring. I credit not getting the cycle with saving my life so later I could become a pilot and diver:)

Many years ago I was saving to buy a motorcycle. Then I got engaged, and the money went to the ring. I credit not getting the cycle with saving my life so later I could become a pilot and diver:)
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I had a similar story. I had a 600 Ninja with just over 500km (about 300 miles) on it that I sold to buy an engagement ring. Three weeks later I got dumped. In hindsight, I should have just kept the bike.

Back on topic with the thread, I have never been a pilot, but I spent about 30 years in the RCAF as aircrew, and I learned to dive while on Temporary Duty or "TD" at Tyndall AFB in Panama City FL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom