Oversized boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hxtk

Registered
Reaction score
I recently got my first drysuit, at a price that I don't think anyone could say no to considering everything is in good working order and it has no leaks.

The only problem was the boots were too big. Enough so that if they have air in them, I cannot fin effectively. My feet have too much room to move inside them, and so a significant part of each fin stroke is wasted not moving the fin at all.

If I go into completely vertical trim then they are crushed down to a snug fit, and can stay this way for a few minutes after I go back into trim, but once air returns it cannot simply float out by lowering a leg; it has to be crushed out by a few fsw of pressure difference.

What's the fastest/easiest good way to alleviate this issue? It's clear to me that the best solution is to replace the boots entirely with socks or boots that actually fit, but if possible I'd like to hold that off until it gets warm enough out to start using my wetsuit again so that I'm not kept out of the water.

You could try switching to Force Fins. I love mine with my attached dry suit boots. My boots are somewhat oversized, but not dramatically so.

Force Fin

Force Fins are great, and way under-appreciated since they aren’t marketed by any of the big-name gear manufacturers. I wear a smaller pair in the tropics, barefoot. Luv ‘em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom