OW Dive in Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While on Kauai check out Fathom Five divers. It's a really nice small op and the people are really nice. We dove with them quite a few times when we spent a month there last summer. I heard Bubbles Below is good as well, better than Seasport (?) I'm not sure if Fathom Five would be into OW check out dives, but they might, it'd be worth checking out.

If you are staying in Kihei (closest point to go to Molokini crater) I would recommend Ed Robinson's.

J.

Give a call to Fathom Five on Kauai. They did my advanced open water and my girlfriend's open water check out dives. We went out with Paul who was amazing. He was very supportive of my girlfriend who had some nerves about diving. Even in just alright conditions she was stable and happy. They did her check out dives in 2 half days.

I just returned from the big Island where I stayed at the Hilton Waikaloa resort. This resort was beautiful, truly breathtaking. Dived with Big Island Divers for a Manta Ray Night dive which was terrific. Two 8 foot wing span rays gorged themnselves on the plankton illuminated by our lights and came within inches of our group kneeling on bottom. This dive operation was very professional and just plain fun. Brand new spacious dive boat. Although there is no garantee that you will see rays, we lucked out. We also dived with Red Sail Sports located at the resort, but weren't thrilled with having to cart our equipment approx. a 3/4 mile along a sand beach to climb onto their boat which was berthed a few yards from the beach. It made it difficult to keep any cameras and such dry as you waded into the water. I have logged about 800 dives in several hot spots around the world, and was not impressed with the divng on either the Kohala or Kono coast. Little color or fish life. Perhaps that is the way it is at the Big Island? The Manta Ray night dive was definitely worth it. Most of the two tank dives run about $100.00. Also toured the Volcano national park and this was well worth the excursion also. Allow yourself at least 2-3 hours to really do it justice.
Lynn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom