OWD course in Phuket - recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisculina

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
A friend of mine is going to Phuket on the 18th of Jan and staying for two weeks. She'd like to take an OWD course and log some dives while she's there. Can some of you recommend a school and dive operator that will get her through it in a fun and safe way? She's fluent in English.

Our experienced and professional instructors can teach your friend the PADI Open Water Course while they are staying in Phuket.

We offer a variety of options to suit everybody - have a look at our dive courses.

We can also recommend a wide range of exciting daytrips and even liveaboard diving if your friend is interested.

Our shop is located in Patong Beach.

Hi Christopher,

I just did some diving with Phuket Scuba Club. Good instructors, friendly atmosphere and a great confined open water option to learn. As a visiting instructor I had a great time. The local beach/longtail dive options are prefect for new divers. I am sure there are a lot of good options but this is the only one I have personally dived with while on Phuket.

e-Learning with your friendly guidance may be a good option in the weeks leading up to her journey to Phuket. You know the routine; just have the student email them directly to get set up.

There is a chance I may be in Florida in July as well. PM if you want, would be good to fun dive with another Scuba-Border.

Both of you: Thanks :) I'll forward the info and let her decide for herself. :)

Hi Chris

If its not too late, I may be able to help you.

A group of friends and I are all professionals here on Phuket, with a minimum of prob 2000 dives each. We work daily here, for diveshops and ourselves.

We have a very high level of service, very high instruction standards are lots of fun and make sure you are completely safe!

We can do all this at a very reasonable price for you too, able to beat any competitors yet offer the same if not better course tuition!

We dive and teach everyday ... We don't sit around in offices, we are right on the job and loving it!

Want to dive with us?

Hey I got to go! Time for me to go and do a dive briefing for our great next dive .. PEACE!

Hi Chris

A group of friends and I are all professionals here on Phuket, with a minimum of prob 2000 dives each. We work daily here, for diveshops and ourselves.

We have a very high level of service, very high instruction standards are lots of fun and make sure you are completely safe!

We can do all this at a very reasonable price for you too, able to beat any competitors yet offer the same if not better course tuition!

We dive and teach everyday ... We don't sit around in offices, we are right on the job and loving it!

Want to dive with us?

Hey I got to go! Time for me to go and do a dive briefing for our great next dive .. PEACE!
The instruction is not for the IDC Staff OP, but rather for a friend of his that may visit. I think you read that a bit too fast :)

Last edited:
I suggest contacting stevenl on this board - one of the "old" ones on Phuket; your friend won't find better service, safer or more fun courses anywhere........unless of course she comes to Khao Lak to me instead :wink:)

Hi Chris

Want to dive with us?

Price isn't as important as standards. :wink: Got a website?

I suggest contacting stevenl on this board - one of the "old" ones on Phuket; your friend won't find better service, safer or more fun courses anywhere........unless of course she comes to Khao Lak to me instead :wink:)

Thanks, I'll check out his website and forward the info to my friend. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom