OxyCheq - Ultra Lite Travel Back Plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 18# wing is perfect for warm water diving. As AWAP said - add 6# to cambands when diving AL Tanks and take it off if you dive steel. I used 10# total (4# on belt - 6# on cambands) diving with a skin or TriLam in the Bahamas last month, with the 18# wing and it was ideal. Kept me in perfect trim and plenty of floatation at the surface - just fill the wing up and lay back. Great for travel, weighs in at about 5# for the entire rig.

I use a .5mm full or just a t-shirt. But the wing just has to take care of the compression of the wetsuit which should not amount to more than 4 lb or so. But a 30 will also work quite well for just a little more weight and have have a broader range of applications.

What STA are you using? My Nemrod Mod Dive Rite stainless single piece STA works fine with the ultra light plate.

N

Right now, the Oxycheq SS STA, but I have the soft STA as well, just no slots in the wing to really make use of it.

I really like the idea of this rig, but I currently am using a Halcyon set-up with a steel plate. Consequently, I'd have to buy the full set-up to take advantage of it. With that in mind, are there any vendors selling a package deal on these with harness, wing, pockets etc?

I really like the idea of this rig, but I currently am using a Halcyon set-up with a steel plate. Consequently, I'd have to buy the full set-up to take advantage of it. With that in mind, are there any vendors selling a package deal on these with harness, wing, pockets etc?

ScubaToys has all the pieces and can make sure you get everything you need/want.

Caveadventures also has all the bits. Only reason I chose them was they charged significantly less for shipping to Alaska. Scubatoys is good too.

What would you need for a full rig?

Best I can tell:

1 Hogarthian Harness
1 Oxycheq Singles Wing (any model ok?)
1 soft backplate
2 cam straps

optional:
shoulder pads
pockets

Am I missing anything?

Last edited:
What would you need for a full rig?

Best I can tell:

1 Hogarthian Harness
1 Oxycheq Singles Wing (any model ok?)
1 soft backplate
2 cam straps

optional:
shoulder pads
pockets

Am I missing anything?

I would leave off the shoulder pads and get the pieces for the harness separately: 12-14 ft of soft webbing, 3 SS D-rings, 3 SS Keepers, and a SS buckle. 1" crotch strap (optional).

If you want, add 4 XS Scuba slip on weight pockets (2 for cambands, 2 for waist strap), 2 plastic keepers to hold waist pockets in place. You can add a pocket (on left side, if you feel you need 1).

And you will want a Mach V wing - either Signature or Extreme (18# or 30#) and 2 "sex-bolts" (these hold the wing to the plate). All the new Mach V wings come with "roll-control", but it really is not needed.

I suggest threading the upper camband through the top slot in the wing and through the plate and the lower camband through the lower slot in the wing and then trough the webbing on the back of the plate.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom